Nebraska Cornhuskers So, where is your head at this week?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
How are you feeling about things as we head in to game week?
I feel different about it than I did last season. This year it is more of a cautious optimism, rather than the cautious impending doom I felt last year.
I still don't know what to expect, but I firmly believe that it has to better than the shit show we have been subjected to over the last several seasons.

You?

No idea. Everybody's learning new systems.

I'm planning on an 0-2 start. Then 2-2.
Could be 4-5 wins in there total. Northwestern/Purdue/Sparty?

The O & D lineman look like they're in better shape than going into last season. Do they know their assignments though?

The team should be better towards the end of the season, but so should everybody else. I'm not completely eliminating the possibility of bowl eligibility. Wisconsin's got new coaches and systems too. We get Iowa in Lincoln for the Brian Ferentz show.

Rubber meets the road week. Who knows what to expect out of Nebraska football right now, Minnesota has a pretty good established system in place so winning won’t be easy. How long does it take a team to become (as @Tomhusker once said) unfucked? These players just got new state of the art facilities. The successful Nebraska football teams played two old facilities ago.

Rubber meets the road week. Who knows what to expect out of Nebraska football right now, Minnesota has a pretty good established system in place so winning won’t be easy. How long does it take a team to become (as @Tomhusker once said) unfucked? These players just got new state of the art facilities. The successful Nebraska football teams played two old facilities ago.

Minnesota is (7-5) against Nebraska since the Huskers joined the Big 10.

Fleck is (5-1) against Nebraska since becoming the goofer's HC.

I don't know about Minny covering the 7.5, but that's a tough opener on the road.

I didnt' realize we played so much on Thursday's granted if you count for t'giving

Nebraska Boasts 14-2 Record in August
Thursday's game will mark the 17th August game in the history of Nebraska football. The Huskers have lost just twice in the month, bringing a 14-2 record into the contest at Minnesota.

• Nebraska is not only 14-2 all-time in the month of August, but the average score of those 16 games has been 38-17. The Huskers are 7-2 in August when facing a current Power Five Conference opponent, with the average score of those six contests being 32-14.

• In the history of Nebraska football, Thursday's contest will mark the fourth-earliest date of a conference game in Husker history.

Throwback Thursday: A Husker History on Thursday
Nebraska has played on Thursday a total of 60 times, including the first game in program history - a 10-0 shutout of the Omaha YMCA on Nov. 27, 1890. Nebraska owns a 40-17-3 all-time record on Thursday, including a 38-15-3 mark in regular-season contests.

• Nebraska played on Thursday 45 times from 1890 to 1938. Since World War II, the Huskers have played only 15 Thursday games, including four bowl games.

• In the modern era, Nebraska is 9-2 in regular-season Thursday games. The Huskers have won seven straight regular-season Thursday matchups dating back to a 27-13 win at Oklahoma State in 1993.

• Eight of Nebraska's 11 modern-day Thursday games have been played on the road, with the Huskers holding a 7-1 record in those eight games.

• Eight of Nebraska's 11 modern-day Thursday games have also been played against conference opponents, with the Huskers holding a 6-2 record in those eight games.

• Nebraska's most common opponent on Thursday has been Iowa. The Huskers and Hawkeyes played on Thanksgiving every season from 1891 to 1898, including the first six meetings in Omaha and the final two in Council Bluffs, Iowa. NU went 4-2-2 against Iowa in those Thursday games.

• Nebraska and Minnesota have played once previously on a Thursday. The teams played on Thanksgiving Day on Nov. 29, 1900, with the Gophers earning a 20-12 win in Lincoln to hand the Huskers their only loss of a 6-1-1 campaign.

I don't have any expectations anymore. They only thing I want on Thursday and this year is competitive, tough, mistake-free football. It would be nice to not beat ourselves for a change. For the last several years opposing teams' game strategy was just to wait for Nebraska to fuck up and then take advantage of it.

I also don't like when people say how this year's schedule is manageable and could produce 6 or more wins. We play the SAME 6 teams every single year and how has that worked out lately? Nebraska hasn't finished better than 5th in the West in the last 6 years. So spare me with the schedule talk until they actually prove they can compete.

I actually expect us to win Thursday and start 4-0...
kiss of death fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

Dude in the middle front is as tall as the guys directly behind him and he’s kneeling down.