So… who should claim the national championship from 1915

Fun fact: my son visited Cornell's campus yesterday. He's going to apply but they only have a 7% acceptance rate.

If he gets in, then you better believe that 1915 MNC belongs to the Big Red. That season saw the birth of Touchdown the Bear as their mascot.

If he gets rejected, give it to Pitt.
Let me see if I have this correct. With only a 7% acceptance rate, if he is accepted you are going to have a serious conversation with his momma because you can’t be his dad!

Jesus. UW outscored all opponents by a combined total of 274 to 14 that year. Lots of boring blowouts.
That was during Gill Dobie's run. Didn't lose any games in 9 seasons with the team.

Jesus. UW outscored all opponents by a combined total of 274 to 14 that year. Lots of boring blowouts.
That was during Gill Dobie's run. Didn't lose any games in 9 seasons with the team.
Well if you’ve got guys playing for 9 years they should be good.

In 2014, Washington State Senate Resolution 8715 recognized the 1915 Washington State College football team as national champions.<a href="1915 Washington State football team - Wikipedia">[3]</a>The resolution on the team's 99th anniversary was sponsored by State Senator Michael Baumgartner, an alumnus of WSU. The senate resolution was adopted with WSU head football coach Mike Leach in attendance.

Wonder why y’all didn’t play that year

Well if you’ve got guys playing for 9 years they should be good.
After coaching UW he went on to Navy and then 16 years coaching Cornell including 3 straight seasons with national titles for them.

He was a stud of a coach in that era.

After coaching UW he went on to Navy and then 16 years coaching Cornell including 3 straight seasons with national titles for them.

He was a stud of a coach in that era.
Glad you got to experience that.

I'd love to see a throwback league that plays early 1900's football for shits and giggles.
Watch Australian rules football it's not that far off.

Minnesota didn't have a loss, so @fredsdeadfriend claims the title for the Gophers.