Some Historical Fiction and Beer

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
My favorite fictional genre. Always looking for some good suggestions in Historical Fiction

Bernard Cornwell - The Saxon Stories, Sharp, plus his own Authur series - the Warlord Series

I'm not sure but man am I into this first one I'm reading! Can't put it down. If I didn't know better I'd say Wilbur wrote it.

As they say in poker, a game I NEVER play, I'm all in!

@Hank Kingsley I just realized that I have actually already read a Scholefield book before this and it was lousy. I don't recommend Eagles of Malice.

I'm going back to LA at the end of the month and am ordering Great Elephant now to be waiting on me.

@Hank Kingsley I'm delighted to have found a new author. I think I mentioned him somewhere else. I found an old paperback of Jack Whyte Order in Chaos about the Templars in 1307. After the first couple of chapters I ordered about a dozen used books on eBay to be waiting on me when I get back to LA on the 29th. I'm pretty excited because this book reviews poorly compared to his others.

My "save for later" well is drying up. So if anyone has recommendations for historical fiction/mystery reads please let me know. I am specifically interested in works that have been released in that last couple of years.

Call of the Raven and Storm Tide looks good
I wouldn't read those if they were free. Only read the old stuff; nothing newer than 10 years ago. The new shit is written by ghost writers under his name and they're horrible.

When the Lion Feeds is where you start.

I wouldn't read those if they were free. Only read the old stuff; nothing newer than 10 years ago. The new shit is written by ghost writers under his name and they're horrible.

When the Lion Feeds is where you start.
The subjects were what caught my eye. I am not usually interested in historical fiction unless it is US related. Although I do like the Victorian era reads based around Scotland Yard or Jack the Ripper

The subjects were what caught my eye. I am not usually interested in historical fiction unless it is US related. Although I do like the Victorian era reads based around Scotland Yard or Jack the Ripper
Wilbur Smith probably isn't for you then.

Have you read the John Jakes books? If not, you might love them.

Allan W. Eckert. Did a series of books about the Indian Wars. He uses newspaper articles, military papers and other papers in his stories.

I was turned onto him by my grandmother many years ago. One of his characters in "Twilight if Empire" is an ancestor of mine.

Allan W. Eckert. Did a series of books about the Indian Wars. He uses newspaper articles, military papers and other papers in his stories.

I was turned onto him by my grandmother many years ago. One of his characters in "Twilight if Empire" is an ancestor of mine.
*of