Son Loves Baseball. Advice On The College Game?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
He is a fan of football somewhat. He is 15 now and I think he has lunch with some baseball players at his high school. He has watched 3 games with me. I am more of a college football guy myself. I was a huge baseball fan in the 80s with the Bash Brothers, Yankees Mattingly, Boggs for the Red Sox and such. So, if weather permits we are going to see Wake Forest at UNC Saturday. What can we expect as far as a college baseball game goes? I have been to two MLB games. Can we just walk up and purchase tickets or should they be purchased ahead of time? I have been to a ton of college football games. What is the stadium atmosphere like at a college baseball game? Thanks.

He is a fan of football somewhat. He is 15 now and I think he has lunch with some baseball players at his high school. He has watched 3 games with me. I am more of a college football guy myself. I was a huge baseball fan in the 80s with the Bash Brothers, Yankees Mattingly, Boggs for the Red Sox and such. So, if weather permits we are going to see Wake Forest at UNC Saturday. What can we expect as far as a college baseball game goes? I have been to two MLB games. Can we just walk up and purchase tickets or should they be purchased ahead of time? I have been to a ton of college football games. What is the stadium atmosphere like at a college baseball game? Thanks.
Haven't been to a game at UNC, but should be able to just walk up and purchase tickets, I would think. College baseball is one of the most underrated sports in my opinion. There's a lot of big time talent in some of these conferences, and combined with them being so young, it causes a lot of exciting and unpredictable games. That's a pretty important matchup this weekend too. UNC has struggled this year in conference but have a great RPI. They are on the verge of not making the ACC tourney (2 teams in the conference don't make it) and that would be the proverbial nail in the coffin for making the NCAA tourney. So its a do or die series for them. And Wake is another team trying to solidify its NCAA tourney seeding.

I don't know what the atmosphere is like there generally, but a lot of the acc/sec teams generally have really good atmospheres. It may only be somewhere between 3-6k people. And come regional play, I personally think it tops march madness.

Also, depending on what day you go, Friday games generally have better pitching, and the Sunday games are more likely to turn into offensive games.

Expectations….the crack of the bat sounds much different. Lol

Don’t know the intricacies of a UNC baseball game, but I’m sure from other college baseball viewing experience you should be able to just walk up and get tickets.

Used to go to FSU games a long while back while brother went there….atmosphere can be lots of fun!

College games are fun. Doubt that they'll sell out, so walk-up tickets shouldn't be a problem.

Agree with @RubinRock in terms of the talent. Best pitchers usually work the Friday games. ACC is one of the better baseball conferences.

To me it goes like this in order of most fun baseball game to least:
College > low minor league > high minors > HS > MLB

Like any baseball game at any level.....

"You'd better like the people sitting on either side of you because there will be plenty of time to chat."