South Dakota pheasant hunting trip

Northwestern WI is lousy with pheasants. All of my uncles hunt them and they are goddam delicious.

Just got back home. 3 days of hunting, got our limit all 3 days. I used my over/under 12 the first day to see how good I could hit with it, did a lot better than I expected once I got dialed in, but the next two days, I went with my 20 gauge pump and really started laying em down. I've hunted with that gun more than any other gun I have for dove and rabbit, so it just feels more natural for me.

Lot of corn fields. Saw the Missouri River and Ohio River for the first time. Swung through the badlands, which was very cool. Wish I got a picture of the rams and buffalo
Make you want to leave home a little more often?

Make you want to leave home a little more often?
Definitely. I don't fly, which restricts things a bit, but I've already scheduled to go back there next year, and I'm gonna leave a day earlier so I can swing through Colorado and Wyoming on the way out there, and hopefully my dad and brother can go then.

Definitely. I don't fly, which restricts things a bit, but I've already scheduled to go back there next year, and I'm gonna leave a day earlier so I can swing through Colorado and Wyoming on the way out there, and hopefully my dad and brother can go then.
Colorado will blow your fucking mind. Go to Pikes Peak. It will feel like you can see Georgia from up there.

Colorado will blow your fucking mind. Go to Pikes Peak. It will feel like you can see Georgia from up there.
Yeah, I've never seen a mountain that goes above the timberline. I wanted to do it this trip, but I didn't plan good enough for it to happen.

Might want to make that 2-3 days earlier. That is a seriously long side trip.

Just dont go in the winter
confused jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

All I have to say to that is FUCK YOU, PETER!

happy line skis GIF by TheMacnabs

You know how them Georgia boys drive on snow, right?
Icy roads are my favorite play time. What you remember was an ice storm that took everyone by surprise. Do I need to post the pic of that massive pileup caused by ice in PA?

Dude, you were less than an hour from my place outside Bristow, NE. If you ever go back give me an IM. I'll take you walleye fishing at Ft Randall Dam.
I plan on going back again this year. I will take you up on that