Movie Spider-Man 3: No Way Home (2021)

I saw in a theater with more kids than I am used to seeing in a theater. But there were lots of applause points…

Matt Murdoch showing up…
Garfield taking off the mask…
Maguire showing up…
The Spidies-3 jumping off the roof together…

No cheers or applause for Doc Oc, Osborne or Fox, though. I would have expected SOMETHING there. I wasn’t certain if they were going with Defoe or Franco for Osborne, but I was actually really glad to see Defoe. I actually thought he did a GREAT job in this movie. And the character was handled much better here than any of the previous Spider-Man movies.

I saw in a theater with more kids than I am used to seeing in a theater. But there were lots of applause points…

Matt Murdoch showing up…
Garfield taking off the mask…
Maguire showing up…
The Spidies-3 jumping off the roof together…

No cheers or applause for Doc Oc, Osborne or Fox, though. I would have expected SOMETHING there. I wasn’t certain if they were going with Defoe or Franco for Osborne, but I was actually really glad to see Defoe. I actually thought he did a GREAT job in this movie. And the character was handled much better here than any of the previous Spider-Man movies.
My theater applauded for Doc and Green Goblin. They went nuts seeing Garfield. I loved that Doc Oc stayed true to his character at the end of SM2

This is either number 1 or 2 for me in terms of favorite Spiderman films. I hope to see it again this week

My theater applauded for Doc and Green Goblin. They went nuts seeing Garfield. I loved that Doc Oc stayed true to his character at the end of SM2

This is either number 1 or 2 for me in terms of favorite Spiderman films. I hope to see it again this week
Definitely a top half MCU movie. Probably top 10.

Absolutely crushed it. Loved the throwback to comic Green Goblin.

1st post credit scene is maybe disappointing. I was hoping he would be the actor that would bring that character to the MCU. It appears it will be someone else.

Absolutely crushed it. Loved the throwback to comic Green Goblin.

1st post credit scene is maybe disappointing. I was hoping he would be the actor that would bring that character to the MCU. It appears it will be someone else.
I haven’t seen Venom 2 yet, so I didn’t FULLY understand that scene. But I can make some assumptions.

The second post-credit scene was an absolute disappointment. It was just an ad. Pure and simple. It reminded me of the decoder ring in Christmas Story. The post-credit scenes are often just veiled ads for the upcoming movies, but this one removed any pretext and was just a trailer. VERY disappointing.

Saw it.

Only one forced SJW message to make me roll my eyes.

Overall an awesome movie.

Saw it.

Are you talking about Electro saying he thought Spidey would be black?

I didn’t take that as SJW. I took it as a light-hearted nod to Miles Morales.

Though, that scene did create a plot hole for why Electro was ever pulled in by the spell.

Are you talking about Electro saying he thought Spidey would be black?

I didn’t take that as SJW. I took it as a light-hearted nod to Miles Morales.

Though, that scene did create a plot hole for why Electro was ever pulled in by the spell.
Yea. Then “one of these days there will be a black Spider-Man”. Just made me roll my eyes because it’s a completely useless need to make race (even an ever so small)a subject in a fucking pewpewpew movie.

Yea. Then “one of these days there will be a black Spider-Man”. Just made me roll my eyes because it’s a completely useless need to make race (even an ever so small)a subject in a fucking pewpewpew movie.
I am usually pretty sensitive to these kinds of things (admittedly, probably TOO sensitive), and I took that whole exchange as nothing more than a nod to MM.

Nothing can compare to the entire Cptn Marvel movie or the “We got your back” pose in Infinity War.

Even Black Panther was not overly SJW imho. It got more critical love than it deserved, and the crusade that Killmonger was on was a bit preachy, but I didn’t see it as SJW just because it took place in an African nation.

Yeah I had absolutely no issues with the MM nod.

It had a true purpose with the character being a big part of spidey mythology and really gaining traction currently with the inclusion in the video games and Spiderverse movies.

The “woman power” scene in endgame was an example of in your face unnecessary nausea. Brutal.

This one made sense

Saw it.

Wait til you find out what almost happened. Apparently Marisa Tomei lobbied the producers to make Aunt May a lesbian because, reasons I guess.

Is it appropriate for a 10 year old girl and 6 year old boy? Mind you, these are MY children, not Fred Rogers'.

Is it appropriate for a 10 year old girl and 6 year old boy? Mind you, these are MY children, not Fred Rogers'.
Absolutely.

If you don’t mind constant full frontal nudity, full penetration sex scenes, true death scenes (we are talking worse than Faces of Death here…) and liberal use of the “N” word.

But as long as you are fine with these things, this movie is specifically geared towards kids.

Absolutely.

If you don’t mind constant full frontal nudity, full penetration sex scenes, true death scenes (we are talking worse than Faces of Death here…) and liberal use of the “N” word.

But as long as you are fine with these things, this movie is specifically geared towards kids.
:helpful:

It's Spiderman, not Deadpool