Started back at it today

How many calories can @moxie help me burn?
Well, I live upstairs so you’ll need to haul your cookies (+ladder, hammer, nails, saw, screwdriver, wrench, etc) to and fro a few times, as my To Do list is currently eleventy pages long.

That should burn enough calories for a Jersey Mike’s sub. No chips though. Let’s be honest with each other- you don’t really need them, do you?

Haven't done much in a while. I am out of shape, and starting from scratch against. I guess I got into pretty good shape last in 2018 - 19. Went for a decent bike ride, and came home and did 2 rounds on the body bag. Just punching for speed, not power.

I know that if I go too hard, too soon, I will do more damage than good at this point, and my age. Tomorrow I am going to do a single burnout sets, on basic and compound lifts, of light weight, and try to hit every muscle group twice, but a different lift every time.

Hope to lifting pretty heavy, and doing circuit training again in 3 to 4 weeks. Also going to go pescatarian again for the month of February. By March, I'll be banging all your moms again.
I'm glad you made this thread. Im', gonna help you whip its ass just like you helped me with my, er, Bunny's fireplace. BTW WTF is Pescatarian? I'm a fucking good ole fashioned Catholic (with doubts)!

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on you for this, it's why you made the thread! I can help for real! I'm actually an accomplished cyclist back in the day. Okay, good night friend!

Well, I live upstairs so you’ll need to haul your cookies (+ladder, hammer, nails, saw, screwdriver, wrench, etc) to and fro a few times, as my To Do list is currently eleventy pages long.

That should burn enough calories for a Jersey Mike’s sub. No chips though. Let’s be honest with each other- you don’t really need them, do you?
I don't give a fuck about chips, or fries for that matter.

Lol @ honest

I'm glad you made this thread. Im', gonna help you whip its ass just like you helped me with my, er, Bunny's fireplace. BTW WTF is Pescatarian? I'm a fucking good ole fashioned Catholic (with doubts)!

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on you for this, it's why you made the thread! I can help for real! I'm actually an accomplished cyclist back in the day. Okay, good night friend!
Pescatarian diet is basically no meat, except fish, and that should only be one meal a day. Lots of beans and nuts instead of meat. Mushrooms are good protein substitute, and I make some tacos with those. Black beans instead of Taco meat also. I like falafel as well. Last time I did it, I lost 8 lbs, and didn't change anything but the meat. I was eating Alfredo sauce and pasta, and losing weight. I fill up a ton on pasta and rice too.

Thanks pal. How's your workout regiment been? You do anything?
I built a home gym during the pandemic. Refurbished an elliptical and universal, for next to nothing, bought a rower and an e-bike. Last year’s resolution held true and I got back in shape, working out Dec - Jan.

This year’s been a little slower, but I’m still regular.

I built a home gym during the pandemic. Refurbished an elliptical and universal, for next to nothing, bought a rower and an e-bike. Last year’s resolution held true and I got back in shape, working out Dec - Jan.

This year’s been a little slower, but I’m still regular.
I was working out with my neighbor, and we were pretty religious about it. Then he got moved to graveyard shift, and, yeah. I'm still not some sedentary fuck, and do all my own lawn and pool maintenance, and always doing something. Walk with the dog and wife. But couldn't jog around the block if I had to. Need to shed about 15 lbs, and just feel better.

I was working out with my neighbor, and we were pretty religious about it. Then he got moved to graveyard shift, and, yeah. I'm still not some sedentary fuck, and do all my own lawn and pool maintenance, and always doing something. Walk with the dog and wife. But couldn't jog around the block if I had to. Need to shed about 15 lbs, and just feel better.
:laugh:

Cardio sucks so many dicks.

Shedding the weight isn’t too hard- it’s just a matter of varying the diet and sticking with it. But muscle mass is hard to keep up, especially now that I’m older. I wasn’t going to the gym anymore, and yeah, walking to the dog wasn’t getting it done. It’s amazing how much willpower I’ve regained by doing the cardio and lifting in my house, when I don’t have to drive anywhere first.

Shedding the weight isn’t too hard- it’s just a matter of varying the diet and sticking with it. But muscle mass is hard to keep up, especially now that I’m older. I wasn’t going to the gym anymore, and yeah, walking to the dog wasn’t getting it done. It’s amazing how much willpower I’ve regained by doing the cardio and lifting in my house, when I don’t have to drive anywhere first.
Not a beer drinker, eh?

Run a marathon, that got me to drop 30-40 pounds after my first :heh:

Seriously this is good to hear. I finally decided in November to pay for a gym membership after not having one since 2019 and I love just how calming lifting is, just tune everything out and focus. The after workout feeling always makes it worth it.

Pescatarian diet is basically no meat, except fish, and that should only be one meal a day. Lots of beans and nuts instead of meat. Mushrooms are good protein substitute, and I make some tacos with those. Black beans instead of Taco meat also. I like falafel as well. Last time I did it, I lost 8 lbs, and didn't change anything but the meat. I was eating Alfredo sauce and pasta, and losing weight. I fill up a ton on pasta and rice too.
That actually sounds really good. I'm not a picky eater except for peas, I still can't eat cooked peas.

Now listen Pete, you have all the right ideas about this. The way you plan to switch up all the different activities is most excellent.

So I can't really help you with technique or things like that but I think the hardest part of an exercise program is staying motivated and interested and that's where I can help.

There are many people online and real life that will be rooting for you to succeed. Feed off of that energy, think about them and how happy they will be for you and use it for motivation.

And there's also going to be some that might like to see you fail. That can also be a strong motivator, think about them and how lousy they will be when you succeed and use it for motivation.

And keep it fun! That 'me' time you have while exercising is important and beneficial. You don't have to run to get that 'runners high'.
I could get it riding my bike... but sometimes I'd just get the high from a marijuana cigarette!

I like jimmy johns. instead of bread, they wrap their subs in a piece of lettuce.

Family Guy Fox GIF by AniDom

Dude, I can't unsee that