Thank You, Hubble….

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 28,020.00
I’ll just start the eulogy now, just in case….

Hubble shut down earlier this month. The main computer was throwing error codes. Yesterday or the day before they fired up the backup computer. Same error codes. Highly likely it’s a hardware issue.

Just asked someone much in the know and there is no plans with NASA, SpaceX etc to service the Hubble again. Odds are they will just push to launch the James Webb observatory (years late and billions over budget) before this year is out. But that one doesn’t do all that Hubble does.

So…..it might just be that Hubble is finally done. In which case it can be said how amazing all the discoveries to come from this platform over the last 30 years were. This telescope took whole chunks of our theoretical knowledge of the Universe and cleared it up.

RIP?

space rocket GIF

Sure do miss it. Helped us a lot. Could use it right about now.

space rocket GIF

Sure do miss it. Helped us a lot. Could use it right about now.
You mean the shuttle? Yeah. It was the only one that was planned to service Hubble.

My brother reminded me of this the other day. When they last serviced Hubble they put two shuttle on the pad (shown here). The telescope is so high up it pushed the limits of the shuttles and they needed a backup in case they got stuck up at the Hubble.

Attachments

• B861D650-AEBF-4657-85B8-07990E6ACE7A.jpeg
    B861D650-AEBF-4657-85B8-07990E6ACE7A.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 2
Little do y’all know this was just a front.

After all the budget cuts, the best they could afford was a used 14.4k modem...all this time was actually spent downloading interstellar space pr0n. ONE IMAGE. :L

Little do y’all know this was just a front.

After all the budget cuts, the best they could afford was a used 14.4k modem...all this time was actually spent downloading interstellar space pr0n. ONE IMAGE. :facepalm:
Ha, the galactic image laces in from top to bottom one line at a time….and so slowwwww

Yea, I learned about Internet pron in the mid 90s.

I just saw where Hubble was back.

He is the George Foreman of telescopes and refuses to stay down. Just don't let Hubble sit down between rounds and we should be ok.

I just saw where Hubble was back.

He is the George Foreman of telescopes and refuses to stay down. Just don't let Hubble sit down between rounds and we should be ok.
Actually it's the Rocky of telescopes.

I’ll just start the eulogy now, just in case….

Hubble shut down earlier this month. The main computer was throwing error codes. Yesterday or the day before they fired up the backup computer. Same error codes. Highly likely it’s a hardware issue.

Just asked someone much in the know and there is no plans with NASA, SpaceX etc to service the Hubble again. Odds are they will just push to launch the James Webb observatory (years late and billions over budget) before this year is out. But that one doesn’t do all that Hubble does.

So…..it might just be that Hubble is finally done. In which case it can be said how amazing all the discoveries to come from this platform over the last 30 years were. This telescope took whole chunks of our theoretical knowledge of the Universe and cleared it up.

RIP?

Amazing what can happen when politics stay out of the way.

5-Missions-beyond-50-AU-NASA.jpg

I cannot read his screenname without thinking of MST3K's version of Space Mutiny.

:laugh: It'll never get old to me. :laugh: