The Best Tuesday Thread of 2023

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
no reason why...just is

finally got a sufficient number of lights on the christmas tree last night so let the decorating commence!

also outdoor lights will (hopefully) go up today.

The rest of the house is all decked out in Christmas stuff.

Anyone buy shoes from Thursday Boots? I might get a pair of sneakers.

no reason why...just is

finally got a sufficient number of lights on the christmas tree last night so let the decorating commence!

also outdoor lights will (hopefully) go up today.

The rest of the house is all decked out in Christmas stuff.

Anyone buy shoes from Thursday Boots? I might get a pair of sneakers.
How big is the tree that putting lights on it was a difficult task, Clark?

How big is the tree that putting lights on it was a difficult task, Clark?
very full

lots of sap

8.5 ft tree

the "issue" is that I put 3 strings on and was told it needs another string. None of the other strings we have matched the 3 strings already on the tree...so to the hardware store I go. I bought 2 more strings in case I was told 4 wasn't enough. I'm smart like that.

Happy Repeal Day!

Christmas tree lighting downtown, so we'll be doing that with the kids. Have a couple of outdoor things to finish putting out, and then I can get most of the boxes back into the attic.

very full

lots of sap

8.5 ft tree

the "issue" is that I put 3 strings on and was told it needs another string. None of the other strings we have matched the 3 strings already on the tree...so to the hardware store I go. I bought 2 more strings in case I was told 4 wasn't enough. I'm smart like that.
burning homer simpson GIF

Reactions: ill
Morning all.

Morning. Think the wife has had it with the oldest & youngest. Oldest doesn't use her brain & just does what she wants. Thought for sure the wife was going to murder her last night. Oldest also doesn't take criticism well. Told her she better toughen up before she becomes a snowflake. Her school is definitely a major factor on that. As for the youngest, she's not sleeping well. I'm blaming that on the Dr's wanting us to reintroduce foods she is intolerant or very minor allergies to, so they can see things on the next scope.

Morning. Think the wife has had it with the oldest & youngest. Oldest doesn't use her brain & just does what she wants. Thought for sure the wife was going to murder her last night. Oldest also doesn't take criticism well. Told her she better toughen up before she becomes a snowflake. Her school is definitely a major factor on that. As for the youngest, she's not sleeping well. I'm blaming that on the Dr's wanting us to reintroduce foods she is intolerant or very minor allergies to, so they can see things on the next scope.
Tank's next allergist appointment involves him eating a whole cashew. Wife is a bit nervous, since him trying to eat a cashew last year is what put him in the ER.

morning all

quiet here, woke up to a dusting of snow. Hooray

Tank's next allergist appointment involves him eating a whole cashew. Wife is a bit nervous, since him trying to eat a cashew last year is what put him in the ER.
I mean...as long as it is supervised.

like one of those safe injection sites for heroin.

I mean...as long as it is supervised.

like one of those safe injection sites for heroin.
He's been eating ground up cashews (I hope, anyway, it could be sawdust for all I know) for the past year. Supposedly the cashew amount is now over the amount of a typical cashew, so we're ready to try a whole cashew at the doctor's office. Still a ways to go for walnuts.

He's been eating ground up cashews (I hope, anyway, it could be sawdust for all I know) for the past year. Supposedly the cashew amount is now over the amount of a typical cashew, so we're ready to try a whole cashew at the doctor's office. Still a ways to go for walnuts.
well I am rooting for him.

Samesies. Would be nice to know we're definitely at a point where eating a cashew won't make him anaphylactic.
I don't know the last time I had a cashew. I generally do a pretty good job of avoiding them and I don't have an allergy against them.

I don't know the last time I had a cashew. I generally do a pretty good job of avoiding them and I don't have an allergy against them.
I like them, but it's obviously been a minute or two since we've eaten them. I also have like three cans of walnuts that we'd bought because I used to make pesto with walnuts. I assume that, at some point, we'll be back to being able to use walnuts in our pesto again, because once Tank gets to a certain point where eating more than a nut or two won't make him anaphylactic, we're going to need to keep him eating cashews, walnuts, pistachios or whatever so his allergy doesn't fire back up.

I like them, but it's obviously been a minute or two since we've eaten them. I also have like three cans of walnuts that we'd bought because I used to make pesto with walnuts. I assume that, at some point, we'll be back to being able to use walnuts in our pesto again, because once Tank gets to a certain point where eating more than a nut or two won't make him anaphylactic, we're going to need to keep him eating cashews, walnuts, pistachios or whatever so his allergy doesn't fire back up.
1701793898464.jpeg

Just put this in his sippy cup