Movie The Book of Clarence (2023)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Went to see the Iron Claw last night and saw a trailer for this The Book of Clarence. My take...

Another woke movie treatment from morally corrupt Hollywood (I am not going dignify it with even providing a link). As a Christian, this movie is sacrilegious and disrespectful to the story of Christ. If it were the other way around and someone produced a film that took a comedic approach towards slavery or was disruptive towards MLK or George Floyd there would be protests and mass media fueled propaganda campaigns against it.

I am not shocked by this coming from Hollywood because let's just say the beat goes on. Most people are not going to look at this from a value or faith perspective and just chalk it up to a clever attempt at a comedy. It is offensive.

Hollywood is dead. We must stop supporting it.
until they make a good Medieval movie.
then....
Image result for they drag me back in gifs

Did you get this bunched up over The Life of Brian (1979) or History of The World part 1 (1981).

Went to see the Iron Claw last night and saw a trailer for this The Book of Clarence. My take...

Another woke movie treatment from morally corrupt Hollywood (I am not going dignify it with even providing a link). As a Christian, this movie is sacrilegious and disrespectful to the story of Christ. If it were the other way around and someone produced a film that took a comedic approach towards slavery or was disruptive towards MLK or George Floyd there would be protests and mass media fueled propaganda campaigns against it.

I am not shocked by this coming from Hollywood because let's just say the beat goes on. Most people are not going to look at this from a value or faith perspective and just chalk it up to a clever attempt at a comedy. It is offensive.
Review

If it were the other way around and someone produced a film that took a comedic approach towards slavery or was disruptive towards MLK or George Floyd there would be protests and mass media fueled propaganda campaigns against it.

Spider Man Facepalm GIF

Is there an issue....Roy?

comparing christians who have been persecuted not at all to slaves or those who have had to deal with other racial issues including the civil rights movement is comical at best.

But somebody made a movie making fun of your book of fairy tales.

Don't you dare make fun of Harry Potter or I'll compare it with holocaust victims.

No, I have a meter that measures a ratio of quality vs. wokeness. I can't get it to read anything above zero. Thought the batteries were dead but they're not. Hollywood is dead.

not dead... they just have a different target audience than you.

Yep, I'm in the 99% who just want good entertainment.

So, yeah. 99% dead?

sorry, "good entertainment" is too subjective. This year tons of new NFL viewers feel that "good entertainment" is a shot of Taylor Swift in the middle of an NFL game. They'd be happy if there was a corner of the screen dedicated to just her while the game is happening. Or even just a channel of her and her reactions to things they don't care about.

Is that the same 99% you claim to represent?

sorry, "good entertainment" is too subjective. This year tons of new NFL viewers feel that "good entertainment" is a shot of Taylor Swift in the middle of an NFL game. They'd be happy if there was a corner of the screen dedicated to just her while the game is happening. Or even just a channel of her and her reactions to things they don't care about.

Is that the same 99% you claim to represent?
I'm not sure what you're talking about but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the death of Hollywood.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the death of Hollywood.

it has to do with you pretending that the 99% all think the same way as you.