The hip drop tackle

It was the beginning of the end when quarterbacks got special rules and protections.

Players can hardly tackle now. This with the proposed changes with the kickoffs is clear they want more scoring and plenty of it.

I, for one, am at least in favor of getting players so pissed off one of them finally socks a ref.

It wouldn't be watching CB Buckner or Angel Hernandez get cracked over the head with a bat but it's a nice consolation.

More penalties I won't like the calls. The NFL needs to move fulltime into flag football.

Most of the tackles in that video are already illegal.

The hip drop tackle is just a fucking tackle. This league keeps getting worse and worse.

Could also get rid of turf like every fucking player wants for safety reasons, but we all know that's not happening.

The eagles couldn't tackle last year. It'll be sad watching them this fall.

I think this really just brings other teams to their level. Sounds like a winner.

Could also get rid of turf like every fucking player wants for safety reasons, but we all know that's not happening.

That would make a hell of a lot more sense than than this ridiculous new rule.

So, how the hell are you supposed to tackle a player you are chasing from behind? You can only go for their feet to trip them?

If this shit is actually enforced, it will only lead to more defensive player injuries and a slower game with more flags.

That would make a hell of a lot more sense than than this ridiculous new rule.

So, how the hell are you supposed to tackle a player you are chasing from behind? You can only go for their feet to trip them?
Wrap up around the legs, I guess. If you can wrap around the hips, can't you also wrap around the thighs? Ah nevermind, that'll just get called too.

This won't be the last time this rule is discussed.

NFL games are so bad with flags that I only watch Eagles or Taylor's Boyfriend's games now anyway...

There's like one hip-drop tackle in that video. They don't want guys blowing out knees and ankles because defenders are rolling up legs.
who knows, i thought i knew what a hip drop tackle was, but if this is, fuck the game is going to be 49-56 weekly

It was the beginning of the end when quarterbacks got special rules and protections.
this past season was so bad with flags after every play you never knew if a flag was going to fly out of nowhere. they were so bad, a play would be over and they'd throw a flag for offsides, it was fucking ridiculous, especially now that they're so tied into betting to have the officials be this important all the time is fucking wild.

who knows, i thought i knew what a hip drop tackle was, but if this is, fuck the game is going to be 49-56 weekly

He doesn't. That was a clean tackle that's been done since the beginning of tackling.

Yeah, someone got hurt ... It's football, how could anyone possibly get hurt.

this past season was so bad with flags after every play you never knew if a flag was going to fly out of nowhere. they were so bad, a play would be over and they'd throw a flag for offsides, it was fucking ridiculous, especially now that they're so tied into betting to have the officials be this important all the time is fucking wild.
If the commissioner still had balls, he’d impose a rule stating anything over a certain number of times that officials pick up flags that they’ve thrown, would result in a 10% decrease in pay.

I think there was a slight increase in number of intentional grounding calls, which is a small move in the right direction.

He doesn't. That was a clean tackle that's been done since the beginning of tackling.

Yeah, someone got hurt ... It's football, how could anyone possibly get hurt.
but i think that was an example, no?