The Line - Saudi Arabia

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Didn't see a thread on this and honestly didn't know about it until recently. I guess this is one of the things you can sink money into when you've controlled the oil market for about a century.

Nonetheless, its a pretty cool futuristic concept that I hope they actually finish because I'd love to see pictures of it in reality.

1666874283783.png

In concept, that is awesome. A half a trillion is nothing to a country with that much money is nothing. I like a lot about it. With population increases and global warming, the US should be making a move towards this type of living conditions in our new cities.

View attachment 89641

In concept, that is awesome. A half a trillion is nothing to a country with that much money is nothing. I like a lot about it. With population increases and global warming, the US should be making a move towards this type of living conditions in our new cities.

I really want it to happen mostly for the pictures. If successful, i could see some of the other oil rich nations in that region pulling similar stunts. Feels very Abu Dhabi and UAE to me. Maybe that's why the Saudis are taking this on, to compete with some of the extravagant things that have been built elsewhere. Either way, it will be really neat to see how it works out.

If Oman or Bahrain build one, I'd live there.

View attachment 89641

With US laws and policies it would be a shithole in no time flat.

9 million people crammed into a small area.
Makes you want to move to Montana.
Yup, here it would just be the next "projects" within a decade.

where do you think they will put this line in the US?

Either the west coast or the northeast. Plains, Midwest and south would never go for it

Arizona seems like a semi-logical spot. Desert sun for powering the solar needs, limited resources (especially water) makes a self sustaining concept city like this viable/reasonable.

Arizona seems like a semi-logical spot. Desert sun for powering the solar needs, limited resources (especially water) makes a self sustaining concept city like this viable/reasonable.
plus AZ isn't too seismically active, hurricane, or tornado prone.
Imagine what happens to something that densely populated if it were to be his by some disaster. You could quickly have thousands of people without a home.

If Oman or Bahrain build one, I'd live there.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

LOL at the idea of this happening here.

You could build a house in about 3 months, but can take over a year dealing with cities, then counties then the state.

This thing would take over 300 years to eventually not finish. With all the red tape & govt hands involved to make their money for all the okay's needed throughout the process.

There is a reason we cant build anything big & spectacular in the US anymore.

Didn't see a thread on this and honestly didn't know about it until recently. I guess this is one of the things you can sink money into when you've controlled the oil market for about a century.

Nonetheless, its a pretty cool futuristic concept that I hope they actually finish because I'd love to see pictures of it in reality.

They broke ground...

1707271911642.png

I was having a conversation with my wife last night about "where we could live if we ever wanted to move". I identified that I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have at least one acre of lush green grass around my house. Living in a massive urban complex surrounded by desert would be a prison.