the lol @ Tim Anderson thread

The first step was letting LeBron buy the Red Sox

Especially with a lot of fans on the fence right now as it is with all the changes they are making to the game.

I find myself quick to bail on games recently. My team playing like shit certainly is a driving factor in that, but the DH, expanded playoffs and a president/GM that appears to make it their goal to not allow any emotional connection between fans and players all play roles in my disinterest as well.

Things like this do not help.
And............................................Gabe Kapler is your team's manager.

And............................................Gabe Kapler is your team's manager.
He was magic last year. So I refrain on commenting on my personal feelings about him. Can’t argue with success.

But yeah. That too.

Dude is literally the worst hitter in the Majors this season.

This might go down as the worst contract year of all time.

I thought he couldn't be that bad, but you ain't kidding. He's tied for the second worst WAR this season. Enrique Hernandez of BOS has a -1.3 per fan graphs. Tim has a -1.1 with the likes of Jean Segura and Jurickson Profar. :L

I thought he couldn't be that bad, but you ain't kidding. He's tied for the second worst WAR this season. Enrique Hernandez of BOS has a -1.3 per fan graphs. Tim has a -1.1 with the likes of Jean Segura and Jurickson Profar. :facepalm:
It’s -1.7 bWAR. His OPS+ and wRC+ are the lowest of any batter with at least 200 PA’s.

I thought he couldn't be that bad, but you ain't kidding. He's tied for the second worst WAR this season. Enrique Hernandez of BOS has a -1.3 per fan graphs. Tim has a -1.1 with the likes of Jean Segura and Jurickson Profar. :facepalm:
he's unplayable at this point, tbh. but he's not going to get sit down b/c he's Tim Anderson. which is wild b/c his career OPS is .740 + his bWAR per year sits at 3.2.

2020 was such a weird year, lmao
and this can't be reiterated enough

the biggest retards in american society were emboldened by COVID + that stupid ass cop in Minnesota

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy…

Guess he has a team option for 14 million next season, but at this rate, hard to imagine the White Sox picking up that option.

What a terrible rebuild they had. None of their major prospects they had can stay healthy, and most can’t perform when they are on the field

Guess he has a team option for 14 million next season, but at this rate, hard to imagine the White Sox picking up that option.

What a terrible rebuild they had. None of their major prospects they had can stay healthy, and most can’t perform when they are on the field

Looking back at the 2020-21 ChiSox, seems like they may have just caught lightning in a bottle and took advantage of the ALC.

Eloy Jimenez has had one season with 100+ games, and that was his rookie campaign. Robert is on the verge of having his first season with 100+ games. It's crazy how Moncada's been all over the place, two 4+ WAR campaigns and three seasons under 1 WAR. Not a total bust, he's been a useful player... but I'm kinda glad we gave him up for Sale along with Kopech/Basabe, I can't say there's any three I think they'd genuinely regret trading. The Sale extension is another story. The White Sox signed Benintendi to the largest contract in franchise history and he's got a 99 OPS+

Giolito's been a very good pitcher, but it feels like he's kinda peaked.

Last edited:
they've called up a couple of their top prospects (Lenyn Sosa and Oscar Colas), but they've struggled in their first MLB stints. Colson Montgomery has been hurt most of the year and is at least another year away