Nebraska Cornhuskers The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Since the B1G commissioner sucks donkey dick and we aren't playing football this fall, looks like we have plenty of time to get to 10,000.

Huskers players sue Big Ten over postponement

Eight Nebraska football players on Thursday filed a lawsuit against the Big Ten, seeking to invalidate the league's postponement of the fall football season and to award damages.

The suit, filed Thursday in Lancaster County District Court, alleges that the Big Ten is in breach of contract by not following its governing documents, under which athletes are third-party beneficiaries. The athletes, according to the suit, have "the right to expect the Big Ten will follow its own governing documents and all of its other rules, regulations and guidelines; will not make arbitrary and capricious decisions; and when a vote on a decision as momentous as canceling all fall sports is announced, will conduct an actual vote." The lawsuit cites public statements from Minnesota president Joan Gabel and Michigan State president Samuel Stanley, and questions whether a formal vote to postpone took place among the Big Ten's council of presidents and chancellors.

League commissioner Kevin Warren told ESPN and other outlets on Aug. 18 that a vote did, in fact, take place. Warren also said the decision to postpone will not be revisited. The Big Ten did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"The failure of the Big Ten to hold a vote on the purported decision to cancel the 2020 fall football season is a violation of the governing documents and the decision should be declared invalid and unenforceable," the players' lawsuit reads.

Garrett Snodgrass, Garrett Nelson, Ethan Piper, Noa Pola-Gates, Alante Brown, Jackson Hannah and Brant and Brig Banks filed the lawsuit, which does not seek damages greater than $75,000 but states that the Big Ten's postponement hurts the players' future football prospects and their ability to market and brand themselves. The Big Ten, which postponed its fall season on Aug. 11, is accused of basing the decision on "flawed data," including "a study of the health effects of COVID-19 that involved COVID-impacted patients" who are older and in worse physical condition than the Nebraska players.

It's fucking retarded that Pop Warner can find a way to play football, high schools can find a way to play football, other college conferences can find a way to play football, but for some reason the B1G can't manage to pull their head out of their asses and play football.

It's not safe for athletes to play football in a controlled environment with regular and frequent testing, but it IS safe to send 30,000 students back to campus.

Idiotic.

Cant we just start where we left off??? i would sure love the championship this year :D

(now that B1G is back) ive been having a great fall with the new GPU's announced and still to be announced the new CPU (zen3) being announced and of course the bad ass Xbox Series X being announced/released this fall too now Husker football is back gotta top off 2020's shit show with a W for N

So we are only getting 2 crossover B1G games instead of 4. I guess we'll see how pissed the B1G is at Nebraska for everything. Perhaps we shall have to play Ohio State and Penn State while Wisconsin gets Rutgers and Maryland. Personally, I want to see us play the best crossover teams since we weren't playing at all just a couple days ago.
happy GIF by Huskers

I just hope it won't be like in the big 12 that last season, having games handed to our opponents with shitty ref calls.

I just hope it won't be like in the big 12 that last season, having games handed to our opponents with shitty ref calls.
Something to really consider, that Texas A&M game was a real winner.

So we are only getting 2 crossover B1G games instead of 4. I guess we'll see how pissed the B1G is at Nebraska for everything. Perhaps we shall have to play Ohio State and Penn State while Wisconsin gets Rutgers and Maryland. Personally, I want to see us play the best crossover teams since we weren't playing at all just a couple days ago.
happy GIF by Huskers

With only 8 games, I'll take the best teams we can get.

25,000 for a conference division championship and you have yourself a dealio.

25,000 for a conference division championship and you have yourself a dealio.
You've peaked my interest on dealios. Please elaborate...........

GIF by Deal Or No Deal
game show dancing GIF by Deal Or No Deal

You've peaked my interest on dealios. Please elaborate...........

GIF by Deal Or No Deal
game show dancing GIF by Deal Or No Deal
Well...at the other place the thread was like HuzkerzFerChampsezz!!! For 10k posts. I think maybe set the goal a little lower and work a little harder to get that elusive success thing y’all be pining for. You know, just like Coach Tom would tell ya?