Things We're Cooking

The pressure cooker is the instapot, yeah? I've used it once - my friends actually used it at my house... I bought it the first month of the pandemic and haven't brought it out since. It's a little scary, tbh.
Yes, the instapot.

It's foolproof, don't be afraid.

I'd worked for years to find a recipe for braised short ribs that I like and never found anything that blew me away. I'd spend so much time season the ribs, letting them sit over night, braising them for 6 hours, all kinds of shit. Found a recipe for instapot that is fucking delicious and we can go from start to on the table eating in just over an hour.

Carnitas, 30 minutes.

I don't use it a lot - probably less than once a month, but it seems much more magical to me than my sous vide.

Yes, the instapot.

I'd worked for years to find a recipe for braised short ribs that I like and never found anything that blew me away. I'd spend so much time season the ribs, letting them sit over night, braising them for 6 hours, all kinds of shit. Found a recipe for instapot that is fucking delicious and we can go from start to on the table eating in just over an hour.

Carnitas, 30 minutes.

I don't use it a lot - probably less than once a month, but it seems much more magical to me than my sous vide.
Well. You didn't steer me wrong on the TK prime rib, so you're probably dead wrong on this then. Dumbass. :beer2:

Yes, the instapot.

I cook roast in mine that are some of the best tasting roasts ever cooked...and it's done in half the time. Do not add much liquid as it retains and cooks in it's own juices, under pressure, until fork tender.

Well. You didn't steer me wrong on the TK prime rib, so you're probably dead wrong on this then. Dumbass. :beer2:
Whatever you do, don't try this recipe. . .

Just kidding. That's the one. So easy. Delicious.

Got a slab of buffalo baby back ribs going on the smoker soon.

Might throw on a buffalo ribeye too.

College bball party tonight for the Southlake crew.

Here's the recipe I use for carnitas. Also fucking delicious.

She crisps them up in the oven, which I haven't tried. I crisp them on my Blackstone, which also allows me to heat the tortillas at the same time.

Yeah. I have one and rarely use it. When I do use it, it's mostly lobster or reheating roasts without overcooking.

The pressure cooker is badass, though.
Fucking perfection for reheating prime rib.

Here's the recipe I use for carnitas. Also fucking delicious.

She crisps them up in the oven, which I haven't tried. I crisp them on my Blackstone, which also allows me to heat the tortillas at the same time.
30% of me rejects this outright! I am offended that my culture has been appropriated by the white man's tools of destructions! Viva la raza, pendejo!

Okay, now that I've got that over with... sounds like an easy way to make pork tamale filling, too. Bastard. :suds:

30% of me rejects this outright! I am offended that my culture has been appropriated by the white man's tools of destructions! Viva la raza, pendejo!

Okay, now that I've got that over with... sounds like an easy way to make pork tamale filling, too. Bastard. :beer2:
There's a recipe on that site for barbacoa too. I'm going to try that soon as well.

There's a recipe on that site for barbacoa too. I'm going to try that soon as well.
Is barbacoa the one with pineapple in it? Not a fan.

Shit. My mexican is not showing... maybe that's al pastor?

Is barbacoa the one with pineapple in it? Not a fan.

Shit. My mexican is not showing... maybe that's al pastor?
Barbacoa is just slow cooked (or fast cooked in a pressure cooker) beef.

Al Pastor is pork and often has pineapple. Usually if I'm having something with the pineapple, I'll jack up the jalapeno. I think those go awesome together.

I do white chicken chili and curry in our instant pot. Easy one pot meals are hard to beat.

The wife has a work event this evening so that means I have a date with a smoked tri-tip, some broccolini, and whiskey.