Thirsty Thursday

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 33,889.00
Company get together near the old Jersey office tonight. Should be interesting, haven't seen most of the people I worked with in person since March of 2020.

MiL got scheduled for gallbladder surgery in 6 weeks. Thing's still badly inflamed two and a half weeks after treatment started. The doctor they met with yesterday apparently told her that she was within a day or two of having it rupture. Her kids saved her life.

Lots of drinking for @Guy Incognito Make sure you get a ride home

In a perfect world, I'd be well within Uber range. As it stands, I'm going to have to be responsible.

Well it is Jersey, who in their right mind would want to pick up people late at night

morning gang

Curfling team went 2-0 last night, huzzah

Mom flies into town and is staying with us until Sunday. Tonight taking her out to dinner, tomorrow hosting christmas party with my mom, sister and her family, and saturday hosting another christmas party with same group but adding in my aunt and two cousins and their spouses and 13 year old kid

Well it is Jersey, who in their right mind would want to pick up people late at night
A Lyft is cheaper than a DUI, so it's in my back pocket. Would really like if the public transit offerings were actually realistic, but everything involves going to Newark and transferring to an outbound in the other direction.

Been watching the Alien series all week. Came across Prometheus by chance just searching horror movies, never saw it so I watched it and was blown away. Made me want to want Alien again, then that made me want to watch all the rest. I think Prometheus might be my fav of them all, definitely on par w Alien.

A Lyft is cheaper than a DUI, so it's in my back pocket. Would really like if the public transit offerings were actually realistic, but everything involves going to Newark and transferring to an outbound in the other direction.
My passenger rating is somehow 5 stars

Our company Christmas party is Saturday at a bowling alley, and I’m required to be there the entire 4 hours.

Some bowling alley with a bar, company will only pay for two drinks per person. Not looking forward to it. Hopefully they have pool tables and everyone brings cash

Our company Christmas party is Saturday at a bowling alley, and I’m required to be there the entire 4 hours.

Some bowling alley with a bar, company will only pay for two drinks per person. Not looking forward to it. Hopefully they have pool tables and everyone brings cash

They really are requiring you to be there the entire time? WHY? Did they say, "If you leave we will fire you?"

They really are requiring you to be there the entire time? WHY? Did they say, "If you leave we will fire you?"
I’m in management. Me, my boss and the other foreman has to be there. Starts at 5, I start drinking at noon at the latest on Saturdays, so I’ll be feeling good when I get there

That's some bs. Not sure I've ever went to a work Christmas party if it wasn't during work time.

I’m in management. Me, my boss and the other foreman has to be there. Starts at 5, I start drinking at noon at the latest on Saturdays, so I’ll be feeling good when I get there

Exactly you are management... You do what YOU want haha

That's some bs. Not sure I've ever went to a work Christmas party if it wasn't during work time.
I’m getting paid for it, but still, we work enough Saturdays throughout the year and I see these fuckers enough during the week. The coworkers I like hanging around outside of work are all either still at my old location or got promoted at a different location

Last location never even had Christmas parties.

Uber doesn’t really run here, and my GF doesn’t want to be a DD, so I have to pay my teenage cousin to drive me and my GF there and pick me up

IMG_8941.gif

Our office events used to be like right after work at places near the office, after work hours. When I worked at Verizon, the events were usually during work.