Thom Brennaman is done

If I was Thom [between innings]:

"okay, exactly what did the mic pick up?"
"'fag capital of the world'" eh?"

[following inning]

"Okay folks out there, some of you heard me say 'fag capital of the world'. To clarify, I was joking between innings about the people of Paris, France who smoke lot of cigarettes. For those of you who don't know, 'fag' is a British term for cigarette. Now back to the game."

"I'm so sorry if my words offended anybody. That is not who I am. I am embarrassed for my actions and will do whatever it takes to show how sorry I am"
He's only sorry because he was reported.

Pretty funny

Think he should just get suspended and not fired
Agreed. Don’t really think he should get suspended, but in this climate, you just can’t say things like that if you’re in the public eye.

Agreed. Don’t really think he should get suspended, but in this climate, you just can’t say things like that if you’re in the public eye.
Really, a lot of people not in the public eye get fired for saying less than that on public media. Everyone with a job represents their employer 24/7 - whether they're on the clock or not.

Really, a lot of people not in the public eye get fired for saying less than that on public media. Everyone with a job represents their employer 24/7 - whether they're on the clock or not.
We call each other worse than that at work all the time, over the company radio, even to the corporate bosses.

We call each other worse than that at work all the time, over the company radio, even to the corporate bosses.
I talk maad shit to a few select co-workers who know me well and I know will dish it back at me in fun. But that shit stays in private phone calls, emails, texts and IMs. All it takes is one bloody-vag'ed rat to publicly complain and it's game over.

the questions remains...what IS the fag capital of the country? what city was he referring to?

I understand this may get political, but it is kind of a joke that Brennaman was taken out of the booth and suspended immediately for making a homophobic comment. Yet several players in the nba/nfl players past and present make anti-semitic comments, and at most they give a half ass apology.
tbh, I don't care if Brennaman gets suspended b/c what he said was pretty damn bad. However, the normalization of Louis Farrakhan's rhetoric makes me just shrug my shoulders at stories such as this one.

I talk maad shit to a few select co-workers who know me well and I know will dish it back at me in fun. But that shit stays in private phone calls, emails, texts and IMs. All it takes is one bloody-vag'ed rat to publicly complain and it's game over.
My industry is one of the last holdouts of all the workers including boss talk all kinds of shit with pretty well no limits where everyone working there is making a good living.

Has anyone mentioned anything about his producer? Isn’t his/her job to dump shit so they don’t get fined?

It was hilarious to hear that said in Thom Brennaman's voice.

The definition of "fag" to me is his worship of Roidier Molina.