Throw Out the Family Thanksgiving Thursday

Amen brother. As I type this I am listening to my wife's two baby 20 year olds try to talk while playing on Tip Tok
Wife will be at work while I have to be with kids in a too small to host so many people house. Then with her extended family that will awkwardly act nice to each other for 5 minutes & then basically ignore each other. Add to it that they hardly watch football and are annoying as hell. You have both my FIL and one of her cousin's husband trying to be comedians and they aren't. Then her gay cousin (whatever floats his boat) who has to make sure everyone knows he's the "female" in the relationship basically. I'm going to try and show up pretty late but my MIL will certainly bitch to my wife if we aren't there right away. They ruined one of my favorite holidays.

Wife will be at work while I have to be with kids in a too small to host so many people house. Then with her extended family that will awkwardly act nice to each other for 5 minutes & then basically ignore each other. Add to it that they hardly watch football and are annoying as hell. You have both my FIL and one of her cousin's husband trying to be comedians and they aren't. Then her gay cousin (whatever floats his boat) who has to make sure everyone knows he's the "female" in the relationship basically. I'm going to try and show up pretty late but my MIL will certainly bitch to my wife if we aren't there right away. They ruined one of my favorite holidays.
Actually looking forward to the adults showing up because her idiot son will go hide in his room. 20 years old and has no idea how to function with people

Y'all got fucked up situations. I am spending today with my wife's family. I love her dad more than any blood relative I have, now that my mom is gone. Her family isn't perfect, and not with annoyances, but I have established myself to say whatever I need to put them in their places as needed. Most everyone is tolerable, and even enjoyable. Will get to throw a football with my nephews for a while, and always love that.
My son is working so won't see him, and that kind of sucks. It's my wife's birthday today, so that adds a little extra work for me, but no biggie.

Make the best of what you got gents. It's what you got, and be thankful for it. Good and bad.

Y'all got fucked up situations. I am spending today with my wife's family. I love her dad more than any blood relative I have, now that my mom is gone. Her family isn't perfect, and not with annoyances, but I have established myself to say whatever I need to put them in their places as needed. Most everyone is tolerable, and even enjoyable. Will get to throw a football with my nephews for a while, and always love that.
My son is working so won't see him, and that kind of sucks. It's my wife's birthday today, so that adds a little extra work for me, but no biggie.

Make the best of what you got gents. It's what you got, and be thankful for it. Good and bad.
Happy Birthday to the Missus. Enjoy the day.

You have it good. Now if it was just my wife's immediate family, it would have been okay. There is really no common ground with most of them. Once the wife's grandmother passes, they won't even talk to each other. Sad but it's true. The oldest sister passed and she was the glue that held things together. After her passing it's been a thing to do for grandma.
It's all foreign to me as my extended family makes sure to know they'll have your back. Unfortunately we don't get together very often bc we have so many kids on different schedules of custody besides work schedules. It's a blast when we do get together. Heck you have football games, wrestling matches, hoops, baseball & softballs flying and etc.