Today In 1986

I was 17 years old in 1986 and the Beastie Boys were the coolest damn thing I’d ever heard although fight for your right to party was there worst song on that album, license to ill. These guys were hip-hop pioneers.

One of the things that makes them different from other hip-hop groups or performers. The Beastie Boys could play the instruments, They could write music and they were smart with their money starting off as a punk rock band, seeing that hip-hop was a new form of music they capitalized on it. And then they didn’t sell out, when death jam tried to force them into changing the way they made music, they laughed, and went to Capitol records and had the freedom there to do what the hell they wanted to.

Some of you need to educate yourself before you make Erroneous statements about these three bad brothers, you know so well

The music starts at 1:48, live on stage, bitches

Again, these guys were groundbreaking, with a sound no one else had or ever will, and like I said, these guys were musicians, not just rappers. If you can’t acknowledge that, then you’re just ignorant to music.

The Beastie Boys fought for and secured the inalienable right to party for every American Citizen. Therefore we pause for a moment to thank them for their service to humanity.

God bless you Beastie Boys.
I wasn't born today in 1986...but I was born in 1986. So it's a good year for things.

My dad was our little league coach and would harass every kid who missed a ground ball "are you afraid to get your glove dirty like bill buckner?!"
At least Bill handled it better than the Angels closer that blew the ALCS that year and killed himself

Got it early and often.
200w.gif

Always build on your successes. Best part, no relatives were involved.
Technically, that’s not true. All humans and all living things alive today all have a common ancestor. That deer you killed and mosquito you swatted is your distant cousin, you inbred bastard

Glad I was super busy in 1986 and didn't have to turn to the Beastie Boys for entertainment.

I wasn't super busy,I just didnt care for that music......I think you had to be a teenage boy that thought they were cool to enjoy that type of music.....

Hairbands were my gig in the 80s....

Bestie Boys :poke:

Reading this thread in the car waiting for wife to get her weed and Sabotage comes on lithium. Nice 👍
Fu chewy
Joe Dirt Post GIF