tOfficial 2024 Dead Pool Picks Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 33,889.00
Rules:
10 famous people (sports or otherwise)
Winner determined by most # of cadavers picked.

Post your picks in this thread. Rank your list from 10 to 1 in confidence points (highest confidence in death is 10).
Tiebreakers are youngest total ages of all dead celebs, then total confidence points, then youngest overall pick, then youngest celeb with the highest confidence points.
Winner gets a prize TBD (could just be a bunch of winner ratings).

Deadline for picks is 11:59PM EASTERN on 12/31/23.

If someone you pick hits room temperature before the end of the year, you can replace that person, but you only receive credit for deaths in 2024.

I request that these come in the following format: Name, Confidence Points (makes it easier for me to put it into Excel, and it's already hard enough to keep track of with you halfwits that can't spell Bob Dole's name correctly). Please see example below:

Bob Barker, 10
Henry Kissinger, 9
Ozzy Osbourne, 8
Bud Grant, 7
Jimmy Carter, 6
Ted Simmons, 5
Artie Lange, 4
Keith Richards, 3
Shannen Doherty, 2
Takashi-69, 1

Tagging our 2023 participants.

Prior participation is not required to participate in 2024.

Can you change any of your picks before Jan 1, if they didn't die in 2023

Just to double check

Can you change any of your picks before Jan 1, if they didn't die in 2023

Just to double check
One post for picks, unless someone dies or you do some dumb shit like post someone who died 10 years ago.

I'm not going to sort through 25 posts from one person with 25 different picks to ask which one is the one they want.

One post for picks, unless someone dies or you do some dumb shit like post someone who died 10 years ago.

I'm not going to sort through 25 posts from one person with 25 different picks to ask which one is the one they want.
So I can forget the initial 'decoy list' then

Jimmy Carter, 10
Cale Yarborough, 9
Pat Boone, 8
Kris Kristofferson, 7
Bobby Allison, 6
Willie Nelson, 5
Alan Jackson, 4
Willie Mays, 3
Bobby Cox, 2
Dick Vitale, 1

Shark Tank Writing GIF

I just can’t wait for all the people that google “oldest living celebrities” and list a bunch of d listers from the 40’s that neither them nor anybody else here has ever heard of

so you don't like people taking old celebrities, but are celebrating the two *looks up ages* 90 year olds you correctly picked?
You gotta pick old ones l, it’s the ones nobody has ever heard of that were clearly the result of googling “oldest living celebrities” that’s the issue.

Everybody knows who Dick Van Dyke is. Nobody knows the guy that was an extra in a couple movies in 1938.

Me, I know pretty well any name associated with NASCAR, country, rock, bluegrass, MLB and UGA

My picks are below.
Jimmy Carter ain't making it to 2024.

Clint Eastwood 10
William Shatner 9
Dick Van Dyke 8
Joe Biden 7
Britney Spears 6
Shannen Doherty 5
Bob Newhart 4
Willie Mays 3
Gene Hackman 2
James Earl Jones 1

My picks are below.
Jimmy Carter ain't making it to 2024.

Clint Eastwood 10
William Shatner 9
Dick Van Dyke 8
Joe Biden 7
Britney Spears 6
Shannen Doherty 5
Bob Newhart 4
Willie Mays 3
Gene Hackman 2
James Earl Jones 1

That means President Kamala Harris. don't laugh - yet.