tOfficial Night Shift Thread v59 - Now with less Reluctant Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never heard of it before I lived out here.
It seems to me like poison oak is pretty much the west coast version of poison ivy.
I don't recall ever seeing poison ivy out here (which suits me juuuust fine).
Seemed like someone always managed to get into poison ivy when we went camping as kids. There was even one time, someone unknowingly threw it into the bonfire.

Seemed like someone always managed to get into poison ivy when we went camping as kids. There was even one time, someone unknowingly threw it into the bonfire.
I was so allergic to the stuff, I spent a good part of damn near every summer as a kid itchy from poison ivy, no camping necessary. The worst was when it would get between my toes.
Eventually, my pediatrician recommended using a soap called Fels Naptha. It definitely helped.

I was told my maternal grandfather was so allergic to it, if someone cut the grass and there was poison ivy in it, it would cause him respiratory problems. I never knew whether that was true, or if it's just what my mama told me to make me feel lucky I wasn't more allergic to it.

Mr t’s is a little thin for me. I like the taste but I like a little thicker bloody mary.
83823259f9e03810493924a6e1194ff8.gif

I was so allergic to the stuff, I spent a good part of damn near every summer as a kid itchy from poison ivy, no camping necessary. The worst was when it would get between my toes.
Eventually, my pediatrician recommended using a soap called Fels Naptha. It definitely helped.

I was told my maternal grandfather was so allergic to it, if someone cut the grass and there was poison ivy in it, it would cause him respiratory problems. I never knew whether that was true, or if it's just what my mama told me to make me feel lucky I wasn't more allergic to it.
Regarding your grandfather, if he was allergic, breathing it would be problematic. Burning or it recently being cut.

My middle suffered from eczema periodically when she younger. That Fels Naptha sounds familiar. She also did oatmeal baths... :headscratch:

Eat your hearts out, here's dinner:

Stir fried squid in black bean sauce with onions, green peppers, chillies, 1/2 cup of garlic, over steamed Jasmine rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.