Top 10 Favorite Sports Movies of All Time

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
Same as the others, what are your top 10 sports movies that just resonate with you for whatever reason. Don't need to be the best movies, but for whatever reason you really like them.

10. Karate Kid

9. Major League

8. Remember the Titans

7. Friday Night Lights

6. The Fighter

5. Moneyball

4. Peaceful Warrior

3. Warrior

2. Miracle

1. Rocky

Ones that just missed out: The Hurricane, I love this movie and it would be top 5, but I just really don't consider it a sports movie. It is a drama and JUST missed out on making my top 10 in that category.

Ford v Ferrari - Really good movie, but I think I didn't rank it because of recency bias. I'll let this be out for a while more and make sure it has some staying power. Really good movie though.

Rudy - always a classic, but.... and I will catch some heat for this... I can still watch it, but Rudy has gotten boring to me. It doesn't have the rewatchability that it had for me when I was a kid. Which leads me to the next one...

The Sandlot - I loved it as a kid and have made efforts to even show it to my kids, but watching it now does not do it any more. Not like Miracle. I seriously watch Miracle at least once every year. Of course baseball doesn't hold the place in my heart the way hockey does nowadays. When I was younger, I LOVED baseball. Now it's meh, my Cubs finally won the WS so I think I am good now lol.

1. Happy Gilmore
2. Water Boy
3. Longest Yard(original)
4. Longest Yard(remake)
5. 8 Seconds
6. 6 Pack
7. Dorf on Golf
8. Forrest Gump
9. Bad News Bears
10. Varsity Blues

1. Happy Gilmore
2. Water Boy
3. Longest Yard(original)
4. Longest Yard(remake)
5. 8 Seconds
6. 6 Pack
7. Dorf on Golf
8. Forrest Gump
9. Bad News Bears
10. Varsity Blues
I wanted to add Happy Gilmore to the list as well, but couldn't put it in over the ones I already had. Then I thought for comedies, but damn... comedies is probably the most difficult list.

Counting Forrest Gump as a sports movie for its brief ping pong scenes is too much of a stretch for me, but to each their own. Great movie nonetheless.

I wanted to add Happy Gilmore to the list as well, but couldn't put it in over the ones I already had. Then I thought for comedies, but damn... comedies is probably the most difficult list.

Counting Forrest Gump as a sports movie for its brief ping pong scenes is too much of a stretch for me, but to each their own. Great movie nonetheless.
Forrest Gump was an all American college football player who played for Bear Bryant and was the GOAT long distance runner. Much more sports than just the ping pong scenes.

Forrest Gump was an all American college football player who played for Bear Bryant and was the GOAT long distance runner. Much more sports than just the ping pong scenes.
True, forgot about those.

But even with that... that is like 3 minutes worth of scenes from the movie (if that) lol. Like I said, to each their own. It is a great movie no matter how you classify it.

1. Any Given Sunday
2. He Got Game
3. Jerry Maguire
4. Happy Gilmore
5. Major League
6. A League of Their Own
7. Kingpin
8. Varsity Blues
9. Remember The Titans
10. Rudy

No love for Karate Kid? lol

Same as the others, what are your top 10 sports movies that just resonate with you for whatever reason. Don't need to be the best movies, but for whatever reason you really like them.

10. Karate Kid

9. Major League

8. Remember the Titans

7. Friday Night Lights

6. The Fighter

5. Moneyball

4. Peaceful Warrior

3. Warrior

2. Miracle

1. Rocky

Ones that just missed out: The Hurricane, I love this movie and it would be top 5, but I just really don't consider it a sports movie. It is a drama and JUST missed out on making my top 10 in that category.

Ford v Ferrari - Really good movie, but I think I didn't rank it because of recency bias. I'll let this be out for a while more and make sure it has some staying power. Really good movie though.

Rudy - always a classic, but.... and I will catch some heat for this... I can still watch it, but Rudy has gotten boring to me. It doesn't have the rewatchability that it had for me when I was a kid. Which leads me to the next one...

The Sandlot - I loved it as a kid and have made efforts to even show it to my kids, but watching it now does not do it any more. Not like Miracle. I seriously watch Miracle at least once every year. Of course baseball doesn't hold the place in my heart the way hockey does nowadays. When I was younger, I LOVED baseball. Now it's meh, my Cubs finally won the WS so I think I am good now lol.
Field Of Dreams !!!

It isn't a bad movie, but it doesn't hold nearly the same appeal as the others.
I believe it holds appeal for many folks and this thread is about favorite sports movies and not about criticizing others for their choice in movies. I didn't criticize any of your choices.

2. Miracle
The Office No GIF

1. Caddyshack
2. Rocky
3. Major League
4. Happy Gilmore
5. The Program
6. Karate Kid
7. White Men Can't Jump
8. The Longest Yard (OG)
9. Semi-Pro
10. Bull Durham

HM: Dodgeball, Dogtown & Z-Boys

I believe it holds appeal for many folks and this thread is about favorite sports movies and not about criticizing others for their choice in movies. I didn't criticize any of your choices.
I wasn't criticizing your opinion. I was stating mine. It isn't on my list, because it doesn't hold that appeal to me. I enjoy it, just not nearly as much as the others I have on mine.

I wasn't criticizing your opinion. I was stating mine. It isn't on my list, because it doesn't hold that appeal to me. I enjoy it, just not nearly as much as the others I have on mine.
If you don't like it then don't comment on it.

If you don't like it then don't comment on it.
I can comment on whatever the fuck I want. You don't have to like it. Stop acting like a girl because you read into something that wasn' there. I actually said that I did like it, just that it doesn't hold the same appeal to me.

If you can't take other people's opinions, I don't think the internet is your thing.

I can comment on whatever the fuck I want. You don't have to like it. Stop acting like a girl because you read into something that wasn' there. I actually said that I did like it, just that it doesn't hold the same appeal to me.

If you can't take other people's opinions, I don't think the internet is your thing.
If you can't show respect for other folk's opinions then I guess it isn't for you either.