Top 100 Songwriters (RS)

LOL at the retarded rappers they tossed in there. So inclusive.
Yeah, Jay-Z (who did not write songs) is on there, but Dave Mustaine is not. Laughable.

No metal. No classical. Apparently Taylor Swift was a better songwriter than Mozart. :facepalm:

Yeah, Jay-Z (who did not write songs) is on there, but Dave Mustaine is not. Laughable.

No metal. No classical. Apparently Taylor Swift was a better songwriter than Mozart. :facepalm:
I certainly don't want anyone to mistakenly think I'm defending RS, but expecting to see Mozart on a list like this is more ridiculous than the list itself.

I love a whole lot from The American Songbook, but I'm not expecting to see Gershwin on a list of songwriters from RS.

You dopey bastard.

Last edited:

Classical composers are not, and have never been considered songwriters though.

I certainly don't want anyone to mistakenly think I'm defending RS, but expecting to see Mozart on a list like this is more ridiculous than the list itself.

I love a whole lot from The American Songbook, but I'm not expecting to see Gershwin on a list of songwriters from RS.

You dopey bastard.

Classical composers are not, and have never been considered songwriters though.
I was really just clowning on the list, but this raises a good question: Why not?

The dictionary definition of "songwriter" is "a person who writes the words or music, or both, for popular songs."

Classical composers are people. They write music. That music can and does become popular. Fits all the definition's criteria...

Yeah, Jay-Z (who did not write songs) is on . :facepalm:
ummmm whut? Are you saying raps aren’t songs or are you saying he didn’t write.