$ 1,000.00
what looks better to you?

1648749608444.png

1648749671853.png

backing up homer simpson GIF

take the bed cover off and use the bed!

Yes
And both are pretty easily removed as well
Well, that makes it the go to device for me then.
On and off in seconds, and can adjust higher than my roof, so I could carry a long ladder.

Well, that makes it the go to device for me then.
On and off in seconds, and can adjust higher than my roof, so I could carry a long ladder.
Kind of what I'm leaning towards.

The cab rack doesn't look great to me...

View attachment 66754

I can't find it online, but it's just a rubber padded cab protector dealing thing.
I have always flipped them. Low end up near the cab and the long end hanging over the closed tailgate. Ratchet strap through the rungs and a red flag on the end. Quick and easy.

I have always flipped them. Low end up near the cab and the long end hanging over the closed tailgate. Ratchet strap through the rungs and a red flag on the end. Quick and easy.
that's all I did with my short kayak

and bought a bed extender...but the new yak is too long for that

1648751189291.png

But mine stay on my truck 24/7. I dont like shit hanging out of the back. I actually really like this setup, and it is super easy to get the ladders out, and the cab protector just slides right off, only held down by the ladders.

But mine stay on my truck 24/7. I dont like shit hanging out of the back. I actually really like this setup, and it is super easy to get the ladders out, and the cab protector just slides right off, only held down by the ladders.
I get that for someone doing this all the time. It's the exception I'm carrying lumber or ladders.

I get that for someone doing this all the time. It's the exception I'm carrying lumber or ladders.
The thing is great for hauling lumber too. I had a stack of 12 foot sticks of baseboards, throw them on top of, or along the sides of the ladders, and wrap a strap around them. It was only like 50 or 60 bucks, and have had it for a few years now. I just rub the rubber feet with wax once in a while, and there has been no damage to the paint.

The thing is great for hauling lumber too. I had a stack of 12 foot sticks of baseboards, throw them on top of, or along the sides of the ladders, and wrap a strap around them. It was only like 50 or 60 bucks, and have had it for a few years now. I just rub the rubber feet with wax once in a while, and there has been no damage to the paint.
that was one of my concerns for getting the rack that goes on the cab...