TV series you almost gave up on, but glad you didn't

Halt And Catch Fire

It's kind of a mess and derivative for much of its first season. It comes together better in its final 2 or 3 episodes to where it was just good enough for me to at least give it a token attempt at watching the first couple episodes of season 2. And I'm glad I did because from season 2 until the series finale, its an excellent show.
Huh, I found that show pretty interesting from the get go and thought it actually took a pretty big nose dive in the last season when it became a soap opera.

Still would highly recommend it though.

one show that I feel I need to get past the first season to appreciate more is Brooklyn 99.

I heard it was really good but the first season just didn't do it for me.
That show needed to be cancelled when it got cancelled on FOX after season 4 or 5 or whatever that was. It just got boring with no real laughs.

If you just avoid the NBC seasons and the last season on FOX it's solid.

But yeah the trip beyond the wall episode pure nonsense. The entire plan was so dumb, made no sense that a plan that dumb was coming from the character it was, was dumb it was agreed to and went along with and everything in the last 10 minutes or so of it, especially the very end was ridiculous. At the same time though that episode had some great dialog between that group of characters so it wasn't outright awful in every aspect.

But a black eye for the show for sure.
That show became garbage as soon as they had to write anything that wasn't already done for them by George RR Martin.

House of the Dragon was surprisingly good though if you haven't seen that first season on HBO.

That show became garbage as soon as they had to write anything that wasn't already done for them by George RR Martin.

House of the Dragon was surprisingly good though if you haven't seen that first season on HBO.

That isn't true though because Season Six not only had the best but they also had the Best and Second Best episodes in the series and in all most likely the best two episode stretch of any TV show. Season Six. Episode 9(59) "Battle of the Bastards" and Episode 10(60) "The Woods of Winter". Both were like mini movies. Both about one hour and fifteen+ minutes long but both show of the best episodes to ever premiere of TV. "Battle of the Bastards" is the only thing to really rival Braveheart. Parts of The Lord of the Rings trilogy came close but never surpassed Braveheart but pisode 9(59) "Battle of the Bastards" did.

according to jim. heard bad things about it and that it was on the air too long... just kidding, never watched it.

have more stories about shows i watched for too long (I see you supernatural, walking dead, etc...).

That isn't true though because Season Six not only had the best but they also had the Best and Second Best episodes in the series and in all most likely the best two episode stretch of any TV show. Season Six. Episode 9(59) "Battle of the Bastards" and Episode 10(60) "The Woods of Winter". Both were like mini movies. Both about one hour and fifteen+ minutes long but both show of the best episodes to ever premiere of TV. "Battle of the Bastards" is the only thing to really rival Braveheart. Parts of The Lord of the Rings trilogy came close but never surpassed Braveheart but pisode 9(59) "Battle of the Bastards" did.
I would never argue that the battle sequences and visuals on that show weren't amazing. Probably the best we've ever seen on TV. There were even some great episodes in the later seasons.

But overall, the writing was dogshit. The characters just stopped making sense.

I would never argue that the battle sequences and visuals on that show weren't amazing. Probably the best we've ever seen on TV. There were even some great episodes in the later seasons.

But overall, the writing was dogshit. The characters just stopped making sense.
Yup. And even with those entertaining episodes I still feel like they could have been so much better. If only there was some original material to follow.