TV series you almost gave up on, but glad you didn't

Halt And Catch Fire

It's kind of a mess and derivative for much of its first season. It comes together better in its final 2 or 3 episodes to where it was just good enough for me to at least give it a token attempt at watching the first couple episodes of season 2. And I'm glad I did because from season 2 until the series finale, its an excellent show.
Loved Halt and Catch Fire and totally agree with you here

I've given up on countless tv shows. I just don't enjoy watching TV other than for sports events. I might watch a few seasons of something but it's rare that I'm so invested that I have to watch every single episode from start to finish. One exception was Man in the High Castle. I loved the novel so I wanted to watch that whole series; it diverged a great deal from the original but I hung in there till the end. Helped that it was only 4 seasons. One more and I might have bailed.

Every now and then my family wants to watch something like Mandelorian or Lost in Space or some other streaming series, and I just get bored about 3-5 episodes in. I just don't care for tv anymore.

I've given up on countless tv shows. I just don't enjoy watching TV other than for sports events.

Kristen Stewart Yes GIF

I have the box set somehow,:noidea: and er'body raved about it...man, I have tried a couple times, but fell asleep both times.

Maybe I'll give it another try.

Hahaha - yep, I kept falling asleep during the first episode, too.
On top of that, I just don't tend to like cop shows.

Anyway, it turned out to be worth my time, and then some.

It prolly is the best show I’ve ever watched.

But completely get what you’re saying on the first episode. Snot Boogie… dumbest name in the whole series.

Homicide:facepalm:ife on the Street was one of my favorites in the 90’s. And a friend couldn’t believe I wasn’t into The Wire. Took a little effort to give it time.

Not sure anything has brought more interesting, believable characters into one series.

Michael B. Jordan is still Wallace, whenever I see him.

It's one of the best I've ever watched.
The combination of exceptionally written characters with however they found so many of the right people to portray them is pretty amazing.

Even the really small characters are fantastic.
For me, Brother Mouzone is one of the best tiny parts I've ever seen, to say nothing of some of the main characters.

Hahaha - yep, I kept falling asleep during the first episode, too.
On top of that, I just don't tend to like cop shows.

Anyway, it turned out to be worth my time, and then some.

It's one of the best I've ever watched.
The combination of exceptionally written characters with however they found so many of the right people to portray them is pretty amazing.

Even the really small characters are fantastic.
For me, Brother Mouzone is one of the best tiny parts I've ever seen, to say nothing of some of the main characters.
Same.

I gave the Office numerous chances. It’s just not a good show and I will never get what people see in it.

You'd have to have worked in a corporate office to get a lot of it.

Since you blow up rocks with dynamite, it just wasn't for you.

Dr. Pimple Popper. Grossed me out big time, but I just couldn't look away. Amazing the shit people have on/in their bodies.

You'd have to have worked in a corporate office to get a lot of it.

Since you blow up rocks with dynamite, it just wasn't for you.
Then I’m glad I don’t get it. I’d rather blow my brains out than work in an office

Probably the two best scenes in the series. If you don’t like these, don’t give it any of your time:

I watched the entire series trying to see what I was missing. People telling me it’s a great show. It’s not for me. It seemed like every new character that came along was more annoying than the last.