Movie Twister 2: Twisters (2024)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 256,604.00
The sequel to Twister will be released on Friday, July 19, 2024 and star Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell, and Kiernan Shipka.

Super Bowl trailer:

"Chase. Ride. Survive." poster:

nmo5w7f6t1ic1.jpeg

Somehow the special effects in the original in the 90s was much better than this modern day CGI.

Why do I need this movie ???
That happens every week in May in Oklahoma.

Why do I need this movie ???
That happens every week in May in Oklahoma.
I’ve sat in basements and closets way too many times to watch a damn movie about tornadoes. I’m sorry but if you’ve ever had one roll near you then you know it is not entertaining.

will there be sharks?

so this is a remake. Not a part 2.

That's what I was wondering, based on the preview it seems like a remake, but the title implies it's a sequel.

Either way... why?

It's not a remake. It's a "standalone sequel":

ScreenRant said:
Twisters is not a remake or reboot of the original Twister , but a standalone sequel.

ScreenRant said:
Despite Universal Pictures' previous plan, Twisters is not a remake of Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton's Twister. In the original movie, Jo wants to launch "Dorothy," a device containing hundreds of sensors, into a tornado. Theoretically, Dorothy could revolutionize the storm-warning system — something that would've saved Jo's dad. Designed by Bill, the device requires storm-chasers to get incredibly close to a tornado, making it a life-threatening mission. Twisters won't be retreading or rebooting that plot. Instead, Twisters is a standalone sequel, which means seasoned vets and newcomers alike can enjoy the film.

ScreenRant said:
Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones and Glen Powell, Twisters follows a new generation of storm chasers. The standalone sequel also boasts an impressive supporting cast of characters, including Kiernan Shipka and Anthony Ramos, among others. Edgar-Jones' character, Kate Cooper, is a former storm chaser who's haunted by a tornado she lived through. Although Kate's comfortable studying from afar, her friend Javi (Ramos) encourages her to return to the field. While testing Javi's groundbreaking tech, Kate meets a social media star (Glen Powell), who chases Twisters' storms for fun, and ends up at the center of multiple converging storm systems.

Is there a skinny little runt named Dalton in this one?

dotto Controllo Tutti e due twister game gif rischio Sfida silenzioso

They should have named this game "The Reach Around" or "Cop a feel".