UCF To Win The Big 12 In 2024

It’s going to be a very entertaining conference and a lot of different teams will make the playoff over the years.

It’s going to be a very entertaining conference and a lot of different teams will make the playoff over the years.
Getting into a 12 team expanded playoff will be like getting laid on Spring Break. All you have to do is keep lowering your standards and eventually it's a sure thing.

Getting into a 12 team expanded playoff will be like getting laid on Spring Break. All you have to do is keep lowering your standards and eventually it's a sure thing.
It’s how things are now though, have to be in it to win it.

I actually like the new Big 12 and the mix of old Big 8 teams + old SWC teams + new Big East / AAC teams + new Pac 12 teams as a fan who attends Iowa State games. The Playoff is not that big of a deal to me as a Cyclone fan and overblown IMO from a big picture CFB point of view for most fans of most teams.

That being said, the new 12 team Playoff will give teams like Iowa State a chance they have rarely had in the past. For example, the 2020 Cyclone Team (with Brock Purdy, Breece Hall, Charlie Kolar, etc.) would have made the CFP and played @ Florida in the 1st round. That's kind of groovy!

As for UCF winning the Big 12, looks like the Knights will play @ Iowa State on 11/9/2024 (unofficial), and you just don't march into Jack Trice Statdium and expect to beat the Cyclones!

I actually like the new Big 12 and the mix of old Big 8 teams + old SWC teams + new Big East / AAC teams + new Pac 12 teams as a fan who attends Iowa State games. The Playoff is not that big of a deal to me as a Cyclone fan and overblown IMO from a big picture CFB point of view for most fans of most teams.

That being said, the new 12 team Playoff will give teams like Iowa State a chance they have rarely had in the past. For example, the 2020 Cyclone Team (with Brock Purdy, Breece Hall, Charlie Kolar, etc.) would have made the CFP and played @ Florida in the 1st round. That's kind of groovy!

As for UCF winning the Big 12, looks like the Knights will play @ Iowa State on 11/9/2024 (unofficial), and you just don't march into Jack Trice Statdium and expect to beat the Cyclones!
OU is 80-7-2 against Iowa State.

He was being sarcastic, dummy
Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. I like the new Big 12. Oklahoma's record vs. Iowa State all-time is what is is. FWIW, in 2020, ISU beat OU in Ames, and ISU finished with the best record in the Big 12 - even after losing the re-match in the Big 12 CCG. The Cyclones would have made the 12 Team Playoff in 2020, and they have a better chance to make the 12 team playoff going forward than they ever had to make the 4 team playoff. That being said, if they don't ever make the 12 team playoff, I will not lose any sleep. I will still enjoy going to ISU games in September, October and November and enjoy seeing the other current Big 12 teams play in JTS. The fabric of CFB for the majority of fans does not revolve around making the Playoff.

ISU is 0-4 on my watch (1989,1991, 1993 and 2022).
The rest are not my responsibility.
:)
I have always been an Iowa State fan. You have some of the best uniforms in college football too.

What on-field results?

CFP berths and final top 5 finishes since 2014. The Big XII isn't that far behind the B1G and obviously ahead of the ACC & Pac12.

I'm just going off memory, tho. Someone else can do the actual research. Whatever happens after the recent realignment, happens.

You can say what you want, doesn’t mean you are right. NIL is changing things, a lot.
The portal is actually a bigger change agent than NIL. If it weren't for the portal you could work a deal with a kid pay him the NIL and not worry about it anymore. With the portal, you have to renegotiate with these kids every year and sometimes multiple times during the year.

Basketball has already gotten to where most top teams only take 1 to 3 freshmen a year (three is actually becoming rare) because they would rather recruit proven talent out of the portal. Teams aren't going to take a risk on a development player out of high school if they can get a kid with game experience out of the portal.

The portal is the catalyst for what is happening.

The portal is actually a bigger change agent than NIL. If it weren't for the portal you could work a deal with a kid pay him the NIL and not worry about it anymore. With the portal, you have to renegotiate with these kids every year and sometimes multiple times during the year.

Basketball has already gotten to where most top teams only take 1 to 3 freshmen a year (three is actually becoming rare) because they would rather recruit proven talent out of the portal. Teams aren't going to take a risk on a development player out of high school if they can get a kid with game experience out of the portal.

The portal is the catalyst for what is happening.
True, and better NIL deals is what is sending guys into the portal.

CFP berths and final top 5 finishes since 2014. The Big XII isn't that far behind the B1G and obviously ahead of the ACC & Pac12.

I'm just going off memory, tho. Someone else can do the actual research. Whatever happens after the recent realignment, happens.
Lol @ touting results of teams bailing on the conference