Warner Brothers Scraps Batgirl Movie After Filming Complete

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00

Warner Bros. handling of their DCEU movies seems to have taken another strange and almost unbelievable twist as it has been reported from multiples sources that Batgirl has been canceled and will not be released in any form. Despite the $80 million movie being complete, it has been suggested that the test screenings of the movie were so bad that a decision has been made to completely abandon the project.

This does not surprise me when you take an iconic character like Barbara Gordon and make Just about every poor decision that you could possibly make. Even JK Simmons and Michael Keaton couldn’t save the project.

Note: Something is up with Keaton reprising Batman because he was filmed as a surprise in Aquaman but was replaced with Affleck after testing.

This one claims the toilet flush could be up to 100 million. So DC has a Batgirl film they won’t release and a Flash movie they can’t because the star is a liability.

You can’t even make up how bad they have botched the DC universe.

Wonder how much it'll sell at auction in five years.

And then released on Crackle or some shit.

The public is still flocking to these super hero movies despite all the poor plots and bad acting.
not DC though...a flop for them wouldn't be great following a great response to The Batman

they have some solid ones coming out like Black Adam, Shazaam 2, etc...maybe get a couple more good ones under their belt before releasing a movie no one is really asking for...

not DC though...a flop for them wouldn't be great following a great response to The Batman

they have some solid ones coming out like Black Adam, Shazaam 2, etc...maybe get a couple more good ones under their belt before releasing a movie no one is really asking for...
Shelf it for a 2nd phase, streaming only option. No one cares if a streamer sucks. But they were hoping for Batgirl to help create their base and sounds like it would do the opposite.

DC either isn't smart enough to figure out that what works best with the MCU is the humor, or they want to purposely try to be the darker world. If so I get it, but they better get comfortable with R ratings.

I've seen two more reasons why the movie was shelved:

1. Tax Reasons - Guess they needed the write-off
2. Scope and scale were not what the new owners at Discovery envision for DC movies going forward

As to issue number 2 I can kinda see that as I thought Birds of Prey looked more like a TV show than a theatrical release. If the new owners are truly committing to larger-scale projects and elevating the offers that could be a good sign.

It should also be noted they are searching for someone to come in with a vision to build a cohesive universe and tie all future projects together. To me this sounds like they are looking for someone to reboot and that is really what this property needs.

Shelf it for a 2nd phase, streaming only option. No one cares if a streamer sucks. But they were hoping for Batgirl to help create their base and sounds like it would do the opposite.

DC either isn't smart enough to figure out that what works best with the MCU is the humor, or they want to purposely try to be the darker world. If so I get it, but they better get comfortable with R ratings.
unless they want to include Batgirl in the next Batman movie, they are going to have to introduce her at some point, right? Don't do it like Batman and Robin back in the 90s and just plop her into a Batman movie...

but again, they don't want another Catwoman movie flop...so make sure the movie is good before putting it out there for the masses. Don't fuck up the wave you have going

unless they want to include Batgirl in the next Batman movie, they are going to have to introduce her at some point, right? Don't do it like Batman and Robin back in the 90s and just plop her into a Batman movie...

but again, they don't want another Catwoman movie flop...so make sure the movie is good before putting it out there for the masses. Don't fuck up the wave you have going
They just plopped her in the latest batman movie so they could do it again and just have her as a side character until she moves more to the front.

They just plopped her in the latest batman movie so they could do it again and just have her as a side character until she moves more to the front.
did they? I must have missed that...I will have to watch again

I really do wish they would get into the Robin(s) and actually build the bat-family up...I think it gets interesting when you tell those stories in the Batman universe

p064keaijdf91.jpg

Steven Weintraub said:
Spoke to people that saw #Batgirl and they said it was a huge disappointment. Also that the costumes looked cheap especially Keaton’s Batman costume. I figured WB would dump it on HBO Max but looks like we will never see it.

That’s gotta be a punch to the ovaries to whomever is playing the lead.

I thought they had to scrap it because Alec Baldwin shot someone to death on set.
he accidentally hit someone with a batarang

"shot someone to death" is a weird phrase

I thought they had to scrap it because Alec Baldwin shot someone to death on set.
He is still walking the streets a free man after killing his co-producer. What a country.