what is up with these uniforms?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
I tuned into a game the other night and also by seeing pictures or videos online of highlights, I am noticing more and more NBA team becoming completely unrecognizable by their jerseys. This year though they don't even look like cool alt uniforms, or even decent attempted alt uniforms. They look like someone is doodling on the front of their jerseys. The two I've seen are Cleveland and Brooklyn.

I tuned into a game the other night and also by seeing pictures or videos online of highlights, I am noticing more and more NBA team becoming completely unrecognizable by their jerseys. This year though they don't even look like cool alt uniforms, or even decent attempted alt uniforms. They look like someone is doodling on the front of their jerseys. The two I've seen are Cleveland and Brooklyn.
Sweet pics, bro

It's this year's version of the "City Alternate" jerseys. For the last few seasons, multiple teams have an alternate style jersey they wear occasion.

Not a fan of Atlanta's Milwaukee jersey, OD?

wide-trae-young-mlk-jersey-scaled-2-e1603376025865-1536x891.jpeg

This thread wouldn’t exist had Phil Knight not allowed 18 year old kids to design cute little uniforms back that became a fad in 2000.

Not a fan of Atlanta's Milwaukee jersey, OD?

wide-trae-young-mlk-jersey-scaled-2-e1603376025865-1536x891.jpeg
Those aren't bad, and makes sense. I just wish the Atlanta Hawks would stick with a color scheme and look and stick with it. They should just go to black and gold all time, or use these uni's with their red and white colors. Or are their colors yellow, neon green, black and red now?

I was thinking about it and it's almost like Nike is trying to make team colors a thing of the past. Each team has like 3 new color schemes out there these days.

I was thinking about it and it's almost like Nike is trying to make team colors a thing of the past. Each team has like 3 new color schemes out there these days.
Certainly seems it. My guess is this is the slow way for the NBA to sort of ease us into the normal of having advertisements on uniforms like soccer does. Make uniforms untraditional, yet still team related, then go full blown advertisement all over the jersey.

Otherwise you'd never get Chicago fans to buy into drastically changing their iconic uniforms to having SOLARPOWER INC. plastered on the front of their jersey. But you start giving the Bulls 4-5 alt uniforms with non-traditional colors and suddenly one day having SOLARPOWER INC. plastered on the front of the jersey is no big deal.