What Was Your Favorite Season?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I am not talking about the season your team won it all. What season was your favorite in regards to upsets (especially at the end of the season), an underdog team or two or more upsets the higher ranked team(s), BCS chaos, CFP playoff craziness, etc? What ya got?

2008 was rad. Seemed everything was looking up and going according to plan.
Then McCoy hikes the ball with 22 seconds left on the play clock in 2nd and goal, we score too early, and way-over-rated Tebow gets to win a championship that year.

oh. I misread the top post. The best season was 2007 because it was ludicrous.

This one.

But the app state year was actually a pretty fun year of football watching. Tons of upsets all over the place.

2007 immediately jumps out. Seems like there was chaos every week. Teams like USF, Kansas and Boston College were all ranked #2 at some point. App State over Michigan. Stanford over USC. 2-loss champion in LSU.

1999 was also a lot of fun. Vick with VT was must watch TV.

It’s 2021. You wait your whole life to see something that finally happens when you’re 30, it’s gonna be your favorite

I was also thinking of the year that UCLA upsets Southern Cal 13-9 at the end of the season. Or the year that Florida State beat Florida, then teams lose, and it is a rematch for the national title game between the Gators and Noles. Also, the season that Nebraska gets blasted by Colorado, Huskers don't even win their division, and still face Miami in the natty, and get blasted again. Man, so many more I bet (started following college ball in 1999).

Most of the blue bloods were in contention, the run-n-shoot was taking over, Andre Ware, Major Harris, Tony Rice were Heisman candidates

2007 immediately jumps out. Seems like there was chaos every week. Teams like USF, Kansas and Boston College were all ranked #2 at some point. App State over Michigan. Stanford over USC. 2-loss champion in LSU.

1999 was also a lot of fun. Vick with VT was must watch TV.
Most of 2007 has been memory holed for me for obvious reasons.

“Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?”

Most of 2007 has been memory holed for me for obvious reasons.

“Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?”

Yeah, that was not fun living through that season as an ND fan. 07-09 were all pretty brutal in there ways.

Easy. @000. We beat David Carr and Fresno State in the Sun Bowl. Then we turn around two weeks later in Fort Worth and let LaDanian Tomlinson set a record by gaining 406 yards on 43 carries. To this day, we still haven't tackled him.

IIRC it was 1983. Auburn ended Bear's streak.

‘07 is hard to beat as far as surprises and upsets ect. This past season had some good intrigue/drama/surprises as well but in recent memory… I’d say the 2007 season.

That was perhaps ND’s most talented team ever and outside of one game was really fun.
Funny memory of the ND/Michigan game that year. I was visiting a friend (whole family rabid ND fans) we are all in their living room watching the game, as Ismail breaks away on that 2nd KRTD my friends brother (approximately..19 yo?) jumps up from the couch screaming, comes down both feet first into their coffee table destroying it and not a cross word was said as they were all so happy :laugh:.
Totally worth a new table!

Funny memory of the ND/Michigan game that year. I was visiting a friend (whole family rabid ND fans) we are all in their living room watching the game, as Ismail breaks away on that 2nd KRTD my friends brother (approximately..19 yo?) jumps up from the couch screaming, comes down both feet first into their coffee table destroying it and not a cross word was said as they were all so happy :laugh:.
Totally worth a new table!
I was at that game!!! When Michigan was kicking off after Ismail’s first kick off return for a TD. I was telling my friends that I would kick it straight to him again. No one is running back two TDs on Michigan. Ismail may have crossed the goal line before I finished the sentence. Any chance I had of coaching Michigan (no one ever thought of asking me anyway) ended that day.

Back