What Was Your Favorite Season?

Funny memory of the ND/Michigan game that year. I was visiting a friend (whole family rabid ND fans) we are all in their living room watching the game, as Ismail breaks away on that 2nd KRTD my friends brother (approximately..19 yo?) jumps up from the couch screaming, comes down both feet first into their coffee table destroying it and not a cross word was said as they were all so happy :laugh:.
Totally worth a new table!
We have Bo Schembechler’s hubris to thank for that.

I was at that game!!! When Michigan was kicking off after Ismail’s first kick off return for a TD. I was telling my friends that I would kick it straight to him again. No one is running back two TDs on Michigan. Ismail may have crossed the goal line before I finished the sentence. Any chance I had of coaching Michigan (no one ever thought of asking me anyway) ended that day.
Bo listened to you. lol.

Princeton vs Rutgers started it all

I know it's cliche to go with when your team won a title, but 2002 was amazing. The ultimate David vs. Goliath title game in regards to David pulling out the win. It was also a close game throughout, and a physical slugfest to boot.

Wisconsin lost 6 games that year, all by one score. 4 of them FG. One of the longest streaks iof exciting football.

Due to the sins of other teams, Wisconsin was awarded the berth in the Champianship game. 70-31 nuff said

The season we discovered that some teams just don’t want to be there.

2007 immediately jumps out. Seems like there was chaos every week. Teams like USF, Kansas and Boston College were all ranked #2 at some point. App State over Michigan. Stanford over USC. 2-loss champion in LSU.

1999 was also a lot of fun. Vick with VT was must watch TV.
The last week of that season was crazy.

- Missouri gets beat and knocked out of the NC game.
- 4-7 Pitt beats WVu and knocks them out.
- LSU with two losses to Ky and Arky jump 5 spots, 7 to 2, over no. 3 UGA, and Satan wins is first NC

That was the craziest year ever.

The last week of that season was crazy.

- Missouri gets beat and knocked out of the NC game.
- 4-7 Pitt beats WVu and knocks them out.
- LSU with two losses to Ky and Arky jump 5 spots, 7 to 2, over no. 3 UGA, and Satan wins is first NC

That was the craziest year ever.

Yeah, the 07 season is one of the greatest what ifs of all time IMO. If WVU beats Pitt and makes the title game and wins, does the Big East stay together? If Missouri wins it, do they leave the B12? That year could have turned out so different than it did. Instead we got two powers in the title game. But it was still complete chaos along the way.

Yeah, the 07 season is one of the greatest what ifs of all time IMO. If WVU beats Pitt and makes the title game and wins, does the Big East stay together? If Missouri wins it, do they leave the B12? That year could have turned out so different than it did. Instead we got two powers in the title game. But it was still complete chaos along the way.
If Satan doesn't win a NC at LSU, does he go to the Dolphins, etc.

Including the ensuing bowl season

Oh boy, so many to list but 2007 holds a bitter sweet moment in my heart. Oregon undoubtedly wins the national title if Dixon remains healthy. Dixon wins the Heisman with ease.

Chip Kelly arrived, Oregon's new offense took the country by storm. Went into the "Big House" and totally embarrassed Michigan.

Painfully it came crumbling on a Thursday night in the Tucson desert, but man what a ride that season was.

Oregon vs MSU early on
Trouble with the Snap
That Ohio State vs Michigan State disgusting game
Georgia Tech blocked punt vs Florida St
Ole Miss vs Alabama
Clemson vs Bama title game

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

Back