What was your first car ???

like I said, this was just after the paint job.

here she is before that when I was installing new carpet

View attachment 15926
you guys have inspired me to hunt down my old car, see if I can buy it back.

I messaged the grandson of the guy who bought it...see if they still have it.

I know they had listed it on Craigslist maybe 7 yrs ago or so for $10K...but not sure if he sold it.

161786249_5508323109243139_6814931765632672289_n.jpg

you guys have inspired me to hunt down my old car, see if I can buy it back.

I messaged the grandson of the guy who bought it...see if they still have it.

I know they had listed it on Craigslist maybe 7 yrs ago or so for $10K...but not sure if he sold it.

I have dreams about my 1st car, 1974 Mercury Capri V6. I see it n a window and check the VIN and it it! And I buy it but it needs some body work and I can never get it back from the body shop. The dream recurs. Like missing ferries I no longer have to take. Anxious dreams.

Actually I loved the car when I had it but would have little use for it now.

I have dreams about my 1st car, 1974 Mercury Capri V6. I see it n a window and check the VIN and it it! And I buy it but it needs some body work and I can never get it back from the body shop. The dream recurs. Like missing ferries I no longer have to take. Anxious dreams.

Actually I loved the car when I had it but would have little use for it now.
The little shit hasn't gotten back to me...partially because he doesn't look like the kind of dude that uses LinkedIn for anything. I might maybe reach out to him on Instagram or something.

First vehicle I got to drive was my grandpa's 1969 Ford f150 with 3 on the tree.. by the time I was old enough to drive the bed had rusted into and my dad made it a wooden flat bed. First vehicle that was given to me was a 1984 Ford tempo I hated that car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210613-161414_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210613-161414_Google.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1
I had a 1980 Dodge ram pickup in Florida with no ac after the Ford p/u for my Jr year of highschool then my dad thought that since I was going off to college.. I should have a girl car.. had either truck been more reliable I would've left that car in the driveway..

4-door 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Like this except burgundy and different rims:

1280px-Early_Olds_Cutlass_Ciera.jpg

It was my aunt's car. My grandparents got her a different car when she went off to college so I bought it from them for $500. It was in good shape when I got it and it never needed any significant repairs while in my possession. The first thing I did with it when I bought it was upgrade the stereo & speakers.

It lasted me from the time I got my license at 16 until I left for USAF BMT at 19. I tasked my father with selling it for me that summer and I'd use the proceeds as part of a down payment on a new vehicle when I got back. He sold it to my cousin - who had beaten the hell out of his previous "starter" car and needed a different car to beat the hell out of. It didn't last long in his possession.

you can just see her in her 80's hair (that she still currently has) rocking out of some Def Leopard in that ride, can't you?

Certainly not the sassy facade she tries to display here.