Friday: legs
- squat
- standing barbell calf raises
- single leg extensions
- leg curl
- barbell glute bridge

Saturday: rest

Sunday: stationary bike

Lifting days last between 40-50 minutes, while cardio/ active recovery days are 20-30 minutes. Will be coaching my kids soccer teams starting this week, so a little extra agility movement twice a week.

Just finished a Sunday morning leg workout and figured I'd share my "home gym". Don't mind any mess strung along the room.

20230402_081544.jpg20230402_081633.jpg20230402_081721.jpg20230402_081617.jpg

Current routine = only lifting push/pull on weekends since I'm letting my body rest from hockey during the week.

I feel like a fucking pigeon.

We can't decide if we want to get back into having an actual gym membership or not again.

Current routine = only lifting push/pull on weekends since I'm letting my body rest from hockey during the week.

I feel like a fucking pigeon.

We can't decide if we want to get back into having an actual gym membership or not again.
a pigeon?

a pigeon?

pigeon satisfying GIF

I worked out in my basement for two years during the COVID shit. Hated it. I like going to the gym.

It motivates me, they have a bunch of different things to do, and occasionally there are some hot broads and I can try to steal a glimpse of cameltoe.

I worked out in my basement for two years during the COVID shit. Hated it. I like going to the gym.

It motivates me, they have a bunch of different things to do, and occasionally there are some hot broads and I can try to steal a glimpse of cameltoe.
I hate working out at home because I can't power lift really. Not enough room to put a bench or rack. I lack the motivation from the sense that I can only do so much shit with a bunch of DBs and a curling bar + 140 lbs of plates.

I hate working out at home because I can't power lift really. Not enough room to put a bench or rack. I lack the motivation from the sense that I can only do so much shit with a bunch of DBs and a curling bar + 140 lbs of plates.
Probably not as exciting to jerk off in your shower at home either.

There are pros and cons for me for going to a gym vs home. The closest gym is 20 minutes away from me, so the round trip is essentially my workout time.

Granted, I don't have access to tons of equipment, but I've put together a pretty decent set at the house that gives me plenty of options. I'm no longer trying to go too heavy, so the 440 lbs of Olympic bar weights is plenty, especially without a spotter.

The motivation aspect wasn't much of a difference to me. While paying for a membership or having a lifting partner will keep you more accountable, having a gym right downstairs makes it easier to not make an excuse. Plus, there's only so much that outside motivation can do if you don't have internal motivation.

Monday- Base run (3-5 miles)
Tuesday-yoga (mainly for upper body)
Wednesday- Hills or speed work with low mileage
Thursday-Alternative cardio (bike, brisk walk) then yoga
Friday-rest
Saturday- Long run (goal is to double Monday mileage)
Sunday-rest

Friday-rest
Sunday-rest

You didn’t tell us about the lifting parts

Friday-rest
Sunday-rest

You didn’t tell us about the lifting parts
Heh...my "workout" looks a lot like PC's these days, minus the running. I've been doing more yoga, pilates, and biking over the past 5-6 years. I'm not going for building mass anymore, just trying to keep flexible and maintain my range of motion

Walk the dog 3/4 mile cross country every day regardless of the weather. Shoveling snow in the winter. Gardening in the Summer. Hunting during spring and fall. Fit 24/7/365

I have been running up to 14 miles some days but now I’m trying to lift with some dumbbells. What’s some good routines with dumbbells

@CorpRebel I need advice on lifting rotund with dumbbells I got 15 and 20 pounds