Wheel of Time

Any fans of The Wheel series also Brandon Sanderson fans?
Yep. I've read quite a few of his works: Mistborn, the Stormlight Archive, Elantris, the Wax and Wane series, White Sand (which is a graphic novel series, would have loved a full novel series of that one).

Almost all of his stuff takes place in the same universe, so there is some loose connection between many of the books

Yep. I've read quite a few of his works: Mistborn, the Stormlight Archive, Elantris, the Wax and Wane series, White Sand (which is a graphic novel series, would have loved a full novel series of that one).

Almost all of his stuff takes place in the same universe, so there is some loose connection between many of the books
I tried White Sand...didn't like it too much

I tried White Sand...didn't like it too much
I liked the concept, would have been better as a fleshed-out novel or series. But it was also one of his earliest creations when he was still very young

• Helpful!
Reactions: ill
I started a standalone fantasy novel, The Priory of the Orange Tree....

then maybe I will get to Eye of the World

Still on Knife of Dreams, I took a half year hiatus from WOT when I hit a hard barrier when the story switched back to Elayne. I simply cannot stand reading about her, so walked away from it for awhile.

Just started again this week and find her story to be more insufferable than any other character group.

Jordan should have killed her off in Tanchico many books ago.

The good news is that other than focusing on Camelyn, the pace is picking back up post slog.

Finally finished. Overall it was really good. I liked the ending, though it wasn't THE ending. There are no beginnings or endings in The Wheel of Time. But it was AN ending.

This series requires a serious commitment. I started this thing some time ago, only listening to the audiobooks on long drives or when exercising. There IS a slog but I don't think it as bad as has been made out to be. And anyway there are some awesome events that happen mid slog so something to look forward to.

I didn't pay attention to the author boundary where Jordan stopped and Sanderson started, probably because I was listening instead of reading and never noticed.

I read several books many years ago. This was back in my stage of refusing to give up on a series and forcing my way to the bitter end. I really dislike the series overall, especially after Lord of Daggers. I quit after Path of Chaos.

The start is almost entirely a rip off of Tolkien, then Jordan wonders into some weird obsession with chicks being punished by other chicks and having to run around naked.

They’re used to a hilarious site that was called the Anti-WOT webpage. A dude did a short summary of each book which was so much more entertaining than the books themselves.

Anyone reading beyond book 6, I pity you, that is masochism.

This morning I just started reading The Dragon Reborn finally. The first non-WWII book for me in some time.

Took a long break but did get back into this series over the weekend. Had to read summaries on books 1-8 to refresh myself.

Book 9 is definitely slow, but I still find myself engrossed bc I want to know what happens next and am anxious to get back to where it picks up again. The break helped with that. I read 1-8 way too fast and kinda burned myself out