Poll Which 0-2 teams are still alive/which ones are dead?

Which of these 0-2 teams still has a chance to make the playoffs?

• Houston

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicago

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • New England

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Denver

• LA Chargers

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Carolina

• Pittsburgh

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 9,057.00
Eight teams (potentially 10 after Monday night) started off the dreaded 0-2. Dating back to 1990, that leaves them with an 11.4% chance of making the playoffs.

I’m thinking Houston, Arizona, Chicago, Denver, Carolina, Pittsburgh are bad teams. No chance.

New England looks painfully average. They won’t get a good draft pick or sniff the playoffs.

Minny, Chargers, Cincy all have potential, but i think they all look worse compared to last season. Given the divisions they play in, I say the Vikings have the best shot of still making the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Eight teams started off the dreaded 0-2. Dating back to 1990, that leaves them with an 11.4% chance of making the playoffs.
I think this percentage ought to go up a little bit, given the expanded playoffs, but still pretty tough to overcome. One of the few teams to ever do it was Dallas, when Emmitt held out. They basically tanked those two games so Jerry would pay up, then they went all the way to the SB

No Way Smh GIF by SportsManias

If Mike Tomlin is your head coach and you're not mathematically eliminated, you have a chance of going to the playoffs.

Thoughts:
- The Chargers are currently the best team of the bunch. They played two close games against strong opponents to start the season.
- Cincy will be the best team of the bunch if they can get Burrow to full strength.
- Vikings might have the best shot of making the playoffs, but not because they're worthy of it.
- Everyone knew Houston, Chicago and Arizona weren't playoff teams this year.
- Denver and New England will probably finish with 7 or 8 wins.

Eight teams (potentially 10 after Monday night) started off the dreaded 0-2. Dating back to 1990, that leaves them with an 11.4% chance of making the playoffs.

I’m thinking Houston, Arizona, Chicago, Denver, Carolina, Pittsburgh are bad teams. No chance.

New England looks painfully average. They won’t get a good draft pick or sniff the playoffs.

Minny, Chargers, Cincy all have potential, but i think they all look worse compared to last season. Given the divisions they play in, I say the Vikings have the best shot of still making the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Cincy and Minnesota still have a shot (Minnesota mostly because i think their division stinks). It will be difficult for the Chargers and the rest of the teams i give no chance to.

- The Chargers are currently the best team of the bunch. They played two close games against strong opponents to start the season.
- Cincy will be the best team of the bunch if they can get Burrow to full strength.
I feel like Cinci with a healthy Burrow is a better team than San Los Diegoles, but maybe that's what you meant