Which cities should go after the Coyotes franchise?

-There's a brand new arena in Milwaukee - designed for compatibility with regulation NHL ice.
-Lands within a die-hard fan base that supports pro sports very well.
-Natural rivalries with the Blackhawks and Wild are already established.
-Coyotes have already been moved to the Central division.
-Multiple players on the Coyotes roster are from Wisconsin - including one of their premier players: Phil Kessel.

-There's a brand new arena in Milwaukee - designed for compatibility with regulation NHL ice.
-Multiple players on the Coyotes roster are from Wisconsin - including one of their premier players: Phil Kessel.
I think we have ourselves a city!

But they need to keep the team name. And go back to those awesomely ugly uniforms of the early 2000's.

Philly... only because having 2 teams in the city increase the unlikely chance of a championship.

I think we have ourselves a city!

But they need to keep the team name. And go back to those awesomely ugly uniforms of the early 2000's.

The 'Coyotes' nickname is still legit in Wisconsin. I get coyotes in my neighborhood.

The only thing about keeping the Coyotes nickname and moving into the Bucks' arena is that the area around the arena has already been affectionately coined as 'the deer district'. There might be a push to rename the team to something deer-related to enhance affection for the hockey team.

The 'Coyotes' nickname is still legit in Wisconsin. I get coyotes in my neighborhood.

The only thing about keeping the Coyotes nickname and moving into the Bucks' arena is that the area around the arena has already been affectionately coined as 'the deer district'. There might be a push to rename the team to something deer-related to enhance affection for the hockey team.
eh, but that would be lame to have BOTH the local basketball AND hockey team have monikers represented by deer. I think "coyotes" is still an excellent name to stick with.

Gonna still bet Arizona. The NHL and ownership seems dead set on making it work there.

Gonna still bet Arizona. The NHL and ownership seems dead set on making it work there.
Yep. Despite having about 10 other locations in North America that an NHL franchise would thrive within much better than Arizona, they're gonna be bullish and move them back to Phoenix or to over to Tempe.

What they SHOULD do if they relocate is give the Jets history back to the current Winnipeg Jets teams like when the Hornets name went back to Charlotte. Actually they should do that regardless.

Yep. Despite having about 10 other locations in North America that an NHL franchise would thrive within much better than Arizona, they're gonna be bullish and move them back to Phoenix or to over to Tempe.
I like the Wisconsin idea. There's also the Sprint Center in KC that's going to obsolete before it ever gets a team, Hamilton, Quebec, hell even Houston has tried getting a team. I think the NHL desperately wants a good Coyotes team to draw the same numbers as Nashville, Tampa and Florida this past year to prove it can work there.

What they SHOULD do if they relocate is give the Jets history back to the current Winnipeg Jets teams like when the Hornets name went back to Charlotte. Actually they should do that regardless.
heh

Milwaukee Stags

Fuck Sconni but yeah I think Milwaukee is the obvious choice!

I’d love to see Wisconsin have an NHL franchise.

Key should be getting an actual fanbase. Quebec and Milwaukee are about the polar opposite of Phoenix/Arizona, which was a literal desert devoid of ice hockey fans.

Quebec?
Houston?

could a team work in Salt Lake City?
817909974_883636.gif

Hot Lanta needs a third shot with hockey. Look at Nashville, they support a winning franchise. The Thrashers were in the Atl for like 10 years and never won a single playoff game in a league where over half the teams make the playoffs. Only notable thing that ever happened with them was when that star player crashed his car and killed a teammate

Would love another chance in Atlanta, as the Thrashers were doomed from the beginning, but it won't happen as I doubt they'd let us get 3 chances at an NHL team.

Another team in Canada would honestly be the best, it's just a win-win situation.

Milwaukee or Quebec.