Which is the Better Song?

Which is the better song?

• Space Oddity

• Children of the Sun

Results are only viewable after voting.
CotS by a mile. Ground Control and Major Tom can both eat a big ole dick.

Neither are my cup-o-tea, but I give the edge to Children of the Sun.

Ah man...ziggy stardust got it going on.

Not sure how old you are,but I lived thru tjose days and never liked Bowie stuff back then and it still hasnt changed for me......
Infact,I really dont like classic rock at all other than a handful of songs.....

Not sure how old you are,but I lived thru tjose days and never liked Bowie stuff back then and it still hasnt changed for me......
Infact,I really dont like classic rock at all other than a handful of songs.....

What were you listening to in the 70's?

For the late 60's to early 70's rock I liked were zeppelin, joe walsh, edgar winter and aerosmith. I also liked southern rock bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and allman brothers. Like I said, Bowie was very different and I only got into some of his music.

The comparison of those two songs though, for me Bowie was far more a trend setter in both music and social issues at the time. Space oddity was what kicked off all that crazy. He was easy to hate. But I can appreciate a person that does things his way and everyone else be damned. The other song was just there and came out 10 years later ... it came and went. But Bowie was taking up all the space. jmho. :yo:

For the late 60's to early 70's rock I liked were zeppelin, joe walsh, edgar winter and aerosmith. I also liked southern rock bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and allman brothers. Like I said, Bowie was very different and I only got into some of his music.

The comparison of those two songs though, for me Bowie was far more a trend setter in both music and social issues at the time. Space oddity was what kicked off all that crazy. He was easy to hate. But I can appreciate a person that does things his way and everyone else be damned. The other song was just there and came out 10 years later it came and went. But Bowie was taking up all the space. jmho. :yo:

Johnny W yes, Edgar W not so much. Frankenstein never did much for me.

But Johnny's work gets me hopping.

Hunky Dory as well.

Changes was a monster hit which I almost brought up that song as well. I wasn't a fan of the album ... it was one of those you had to be a bowie fan to enjoy. I had friends that really liked him so that's where I picked up his music.

Changes was a monster hit which I almost brought up that song as well. I wasn't a fan of the album ... it was one of those you had to be a bowie fan to enjoy. I had friends that really liked him so that's where I picked up his music.

Hunky and Ziggy are his Beggar's Banquet and Let it Bleed.

I love the slow work on Hunky. And then he hits you with Queen Bitch.

Johnny W yes, Edgar W not so much. Frankenstein never did much for me.

But Johnny's work gets me hopping.

Both were great imo. Frankenstein was a very popular song, but he did some amazing blues and some country too. The guy was all over the place which is what impressed me the most. I thought They only come out at night was a fantastic album. But again...like bowie, these are sounds you have to want. Types like Bowie and the Winter brothers were very different people when compared to mainstream US at the time they turned a lot of people off with them just being them. They are not for everyone.