Poll Which New Coaches Succeed?

Which 3 Coaches Are Most Likely To Succeed?

• Total voters
You forgot Jake Dickert. Dickertball is going to run wild in the PAC.

I went with Lincoln Riley, Brian Kelly and Mario Cristobal.

Lincoln Riley - He is stepping into a situation where there is already enough talent to compete for a PAC-12 title and more talent will be coming in now that he's the head coach (they've already added a 5* QB, a 5* RB and a 4* WR since the announcement). Also, let's face it, the PAC isn't exactly a murderer's row to have to navigate.

Brian Kelly - Yes, he's going to the SEC. But the talent to win should already be at LSU and if it's not, he should be able to get it quickly. He was able to get ND to the cfp even with ND's academic requirements. He should able to do better now that he's someplace with more forgiving academic requirements.

Mario Cristobal - He's a former Hurricane, he's Cuban in Miami and it looks like he may be coming in at the same time as what should be a good AD. Apparently he's also going to embrace former players being involved which previous coaches didn't always want to do.
i think the biggest thing w/ Mario is that Miami is finally willing to spend money. Miami has pledged to have the highest paid coaching staff in the ACC.

i voted for the three guys that have proven they can win at the P5 level: Kelly, Riley, Cristobal.

i say Caleb leaves and Gabriel portals in for ou
87D543F5-C33B-475C-95CD-45D86133DAC9-476.gif

Napier succeeds if he implements the same work ethic and can coach up the talent he has.. Florida has talent.. they just need the right coaches.. everything I've read says that Napier is calm and collected with exacting expectations of players and coaches..
He’s off to a rough start. His presser was terrible, and you’ve lost 80% of your current class and are now ranked 80th.

He better make some big splash hires at OC and DC.

Relying on the transfer portal to fill gaps is one thing. Using it to fill an entire class is questionable at best.

He’s off to a rough start. His presser was terrible, and you’ve lost 80% of your current class and are now ranked 80th.

Relying on the transfer portal to fill gaps is one thing. Using it to fill an entire class is questionable at best.
I disagree.. I thought he said exactly what needs to be said . Patience he's going to do this his way and he'll do it right

Freeman won’t miss much of a beat at ND as kept most of the staff, players love him and he is a good recruiter.

Kelly will live and die by the staff he hires so too early to tell.

Cristobal has an up hill battle as there are a lot of promises being made and a lot upgrades that are needed. I think he will be fighting expectations as well.

Venables is going to have an adjustment when OU goes to the SEC. Its going to be tough.

Riley will be fine at USC but not a world beater.

Napier - Don’t know as Florida should be good but something seems to be tripping them up.

Napier got himself a witch in Raymond today.. recruiting wars in FL about to heat up

Incredible you had to post this poll right now when Oregon is probably day or two away from making a hire. Couldn’t wait?

This poll is for big name schools. That's why I didn't include Wazzou's new coach either.

I think Napier given time, will have much success.

Incredible you had to post this poll right now when Oregon is probably day or two away from making a hire. Couldn’t wait?
Pfft, like you won't make your own once they name one.

And 20 other threads related to it.

I missed the presser for Napier. Describe why it was terrible, please.

To me Kelly is the safest bet, guy has won everywhere he’s been as a HC and LSU just has some great advantages that he’s not had at other places.

Riley would be next as he has won conference championships and appeared in the playoff at the P5 level in an offensive minded conference already at an equally strong program. SC has some recruiting advantages geographically so.. he should do AT LEAST as well as he has been at OU IMO and that’s a big step up from what SC is now.

Freeman and Venables are gambles that may or may not pay big dividends, we'll see.

Florida feels like their problem may be higher than a HC honestly, IF everyone gets their head out of their arse from top to bottom and gets on the same page then the sky is the limit but I’m not sold that they are yet and a coaching change won’t fix it if not.

Mario may make a big time splash at Miami as soon as next season. From what I understand Miami should be pretty much loaded for a run in the ACC next season as is so if he can hit at QB then he may look like a little better hire than he is and Miami MIGHT start getting some momentum.