Poll Which of these coaches is more deserving of the COTY award?

Who ya got??

• Total voters
Oh wow. Good topic. This is a very interesting race this year.

I could easily see solid cases for all of them.

McDermott keeps bringing the progress.

Rivera has easily brought out the best in what I always thought was an underachieving defense.

Judge has the entire team playing up to any opponent.

Ultimately it came down to Stefanski and Flores. And I think it will ultimately be them 1-2 for the award.

If Cleveland comes in with 10-11 wins (easily possible at this point) the trendy pick is Stefanski.

For me though...I just believe Flores is doing as much as Stefanski, but with less. I see Flores being most deserving at this point.

Oh wow. Good topic. This is a very interesting race this year.

I could easily see solid cases for all of them.

McDermott keeps bringing the progress.

Rivera has easily brought out the best in what I always thought was an underachieving defense.

Judge has the entire team playing up to any opponent.

Ultimately it came down to Stefanski and Flores. And I think it will ultimately be them 1-2 for the award.

If Cleveland comes in with 10-11 wins (easily possible at this point) the trendy pick is Stefanski.

For me though...I just believe Flores is doing as much as Stefanski, but with less. I see Flores being most deserving at this point.

Me too.

All great options but it’s the browns... Stefanski gets my vote

Flores and Stefanski both top choices. Judge has done a great job but 5 wins to this point isn't getting you COY.

Flores has 8 wins and Miami has one of the top defenses and bottom 10 defense statistically--middle of the pack scoring defense.
Stefanski has 9 wins in a tough division and Cleveland has one of the top rushing offense, poor passing offense. One of the worst defenses. It's hard to win games when you have a young, bad passing defense. It's close but Stefanski's playcalling is the difference here.

Flores and Stefanski both top choices. Judge has done a great job but 5 wins to this point isn't getting you COY.

Flores has 8 wins and Miami has one of the top defenses and bottom 10 defense statistically--middle of the pack scoring defense.
Stefanski has 9 wins in a tough division and Cleveland has one of the top rushing offense, poor passing offense. One of the worst defenses. It's hard to win games when you have a young, bad passing defense. It's close but Stefanski's playcalling is the difference here.

Did you vote?

Stefanski. 2 spot Flores.

Stefanski had more to work with coming in though.

In the end, anybody but fucking Mike McCarthy...

The Browns most people believe was gonna be a winning team. Everyone knew the players were there, they just needed a non idiot for the HC.
The Dolphins I dont believe were supposed to be a winning team at all.
I would give the nod to Flores. Although if Stefanski or McDermott did win it. I wouldnt be upset.
Ones thing for sure. By seasons end we should know if he is worthy.
Dolphins final games are against
Chiefs
Pats
Raiders
Bills

All still fighting for playoff spots. 2 of those teams are one of the best in the league.
Judge & Rivera are about a year away from that being possible.

either stefanski or flores for me. they have done incredible jobs.

Stefanksi followed closely by Flores. Flores has had a few years to rebuild Miami, while Stefanski is doing amazing things in year one with Cleveland.

Judge is also an interesting candidate, as he has certainly turned things around to end the season and may end up winning the NFC East.

Stefanksi followed closely by Flores. Flores has had a few years to rebuild Miami, while Stefanski is doing amazing things in year one with Cleveland.

Judge is also an interesting candidate, as he has certainly turned things around to end the season and may end up winning the NFC East.
I definitely not dissing on Stefanski.
However you are right. Flores dismantled a team last year & rebuilt it in his imagine this year.
Stefanski while doing an amazing job, inherited a quality list of players to lead. Everyone was expecting the Browns to be a playoff team this year. Not sure anyone (but maybe some dolphin fans) were thinking the Dolphins would make the playoffs or even finish above .500.
if they go 2-2 in the next four weeks they will have 10 wins. Doubt anyone at start of season believed that to be possible.
But again. If stefanski wins it I would still be cool with that as well.

All good choices but I'll go with Flores. The guy said FU to management on tanking last year and won some games plus now has them in the playoff hunt this season. The roster is nowhere near complete but the team plays with confidence and their record shows it.

Either include Pete Carroll or I'll delete the poll.

Its Stefanski but Kingsbury has to be up there as well.

If the Football Team goes 8-8 and wins the division, I think it’ll go to Rivera. I could be wrong but the fact he fought cancer during the season will probably push him over the top.

Holy fuck Joe Judge last night. That fake field goal pass from the punter to the Center on 4th down was one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen. Colt McCoy had them rolling on the first drive and they end up with their dick in their hand when the game had serious division/playoff implications.

Change that option on the poll to potato salad.

I definitely not dissing on Stefanski.
However you are right. Flores dismantled a team last year & rebuilt it in his imagine this year.
Stefanski while doing an amazing job, inherited a quality list of players to lead. Everyone was expecting the Browns to be a playoff team this year. Not sure anyone (but maybe some dolphin fans) were thinking the Dolphins would make the playoffs or even finish above .500.
if they go 2-2 in the next four weeks they will have 10 wins. Doubt anyone at start of season believed that to be possible.
But again. If stefanski wins it I would still be cool with that as well.

Everybody was expecting them to be a playoff team last year too lol. It's not just that simple. Being a 1st year coach in the NFL in general also for the Browns had immense pressure. Flores has done an equally great job but he's had a couple years with the organization, that does help more than you think. Stefanski completely changed the offense around and this is while having statistically one of the worst overall defenses and pass defenses in the NFL (injuries aren't helping that but still). Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL, but Flores deserves that credit as well. Both great options but also to consider, the Browns play in a tougher division. Ravens and Steelers are two top teams still and seem like horrible mismatches for CLE. Miami has basically Buffalo, who is a top team in the NFL, and that's it. That being said, both the top two options. Unless the Browns lose to the Jets that will be 11 wins even with a Steelers loss. Miami has to win out to get to 11, Raiders and Bills, going to be tough.

Everybody was expecting them to be a playoff team last year too lol. It's not just that simple. Being a 1st year coach in the NFL in general also for the Browns had immense pressure. Flores has done an equally great job but he's had a couple years with the organization, that does help more than you think. Stefanski completely changed the offense around and this is while having statistically one of the worst overall defenses and pass defenses in the NFL (injuries aren't helping that but still). Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL, but Flores deserves that credit as well. Both great options but also to consider, the Browns play in a tougher division. Ravens and Steelers are two top teams still and seem like horrible mismatches for CLE. Miami has basically Buffalo, who is a top team in the NFL, and that's it. That being said, both the top two options. Unless the Browns lose to the Jets that will be 11 wins even with a Steelers loss. Miami has to win out to get to 11, Raiders and Bills, going to be tough.

Gotta be Stefanski.

First year coach working with a group of players he never worked with before, complete overhaul of the offensive scheme and having to do it via zoom calls due to COVID.

10 wins, and looks to be 11+.

The Browns have a talented roster, sure, but it's still Cleveland. First winning season since 2007 and if form holds, it will be the first time they have made the playoffs since 2002.

Think back to week 1 when the Ravens absolutely embarrassed the Browns and compare that to the team they have now.