Who do you like best? Young Elvis or Old Elvis?

I liked actor Elvis as much as anything.

He was always Elvis. Just doing different shit.

Young Elvis was a trailblazing icon, talented musician, fair actor and leader for a whole new class of musical genre.
Old / fat Elvis was a ridiculous cartoon who was addicted to pills, a messed-up lifestyle and who died on the crapper.

I've always been kinda "meh" on Elvis.

I think he's over-rated just like the Beatles. Talented for sure, but their careers were much larger than they might have merited.

I think he's over-rated just like the Beatles. Talented for sure, but their careers were much larger than they might have merited.
Kick Ass GIF by memecandy

If they had a career that spanned that of the Stones, I'd agree. But for the sheer volume of hits they released in just 8 years, pretty damn impressive.

If they had a career that spanned that of the Stones, I'd agree. But for the sheer volume of hits they released in just 8 years, pretty damn impressive.
Look, I like a good B7 chord as much as the next guy, but they totally abused it, ran it into the ground

It’s quality, not quantity. Beatles have never moved the needle for me at all. Pretty much a 60’s boy band. Love George Harrison though

Beatles were never in the Stones’ ballpark

Look, I like a good B7 chord as much as the next guy, but they totally abused it, ran it into the ground
Yeah and they don't know how to end a song. Still crazy that they put out all the hits they did in 8 years. That's the most impressive thing to me. Looking at their anthology you would think they recorded for 30 years.

Agree on Elvis, disagree on the Beatles.

Yeah and they don't know how to end a song. Still crazy that they put out all the hits they did in 8 years. That's the most impressive thing to me. Looking at their anthology you would think they recorded for 30 years.
That's partly because of the over-hype, IMO. Just a perfect storm of popularity, leading to all their songs getting endless radio play. Not sure the same thing would happen today unless it was with tik tok vids