Who will be the top 5 SEC programs over the NEXT 5 seasons?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 14,544.00
Probably the ones with the beat recruiting classes and that is....

Georgia
Alabama
Oklahoma
Texas
Lsu
I have a weird theory that the conf. issues FreeShoesU and tha U will be experiencing will really benefit the Gators in the near future. Just a hunch but I’m pretty solid when it comes to hunching. :cool2:

I have a weird theory that the conf. issues FreeShoesU and tha U will be experiencing will really benefit the Gators in the near future. Just a hunch but I’m pretty solid when it comes to hunching. :cool2:
Their issues won't make Florida's coaching any better. MFs have been on a sharp decline since 2019 ended.

Probably the ones with the beat recruiting classes and that is....

Georgia
Alabama
Oklahoma
Texas
Lsu
With the transfer portal, these really mean nothing these days. A team can change almost its entire roster in a single offseason -- see Colorado.

With the transfer portal, these really mean nothing these days. A team can change almost its entire roster in a single offseason -- see Colorado.
It's true. Just makeover your entire roster and you can go from being dead last in the Pac12 to being dead last in the Pac12, all in just one season!

1. UGA
2. Texas
3. Alabama
4. LSU
5. Tennessee

It's true. Just makeover your entire roster and you can go from being dead last in the Pac12 to being dead last in the Pac12, all in just one season!
Didn't say it would be successful, just possible. If anything, teams who recruit a ton of talent are most likely going to be on the receiving end of losing a ton of it as well.

1. UGA
2. Texas
3. Alabama
4. Missouri
5. Ole Miss

Ole Miss beats out TN for me

Thought about them for sure. I think they have a higher ceiling than TN, but also a lower floor if that makes sense. Like for next season I can see Ole Miss going 10-2 and making the CFP, but the next year could go something like 7-5.

Thought about them for sure. I think they have a higher ceiling than TN, but also a lower floor if that makes sense. Like for next season I can see Ole Miss going 10-2 and making the CFP, but the next year could go something like 7-5.
Lane is killing it in the portal.. feels like ole miss has a good rep when it comes to NIL expectations

I'm not sure TN doesn't have a 7-5 floor too, though. They had the 2022 season that was great, but then slipped back to 8-4 this last year. I thought about them too but they can't seem to sustain anything, and how this whole NCAA thing with the QB could be really bad.

Lane is killing it in the portal.. feels like ole miss has a good rep when it comes to NIL expectations
Yeah, it just makes sense that those two things have to be linked together...at least to a certain degree. And at least for top talent transferring.

1. Georgia - I think they have about 5 more good years with Kirby before they drop off.
2. Texas - I think Sark is the guy they've been looking for and they have the money to compete with NIL. That being said they aren't playing Kansas anymore.

The other 3 are going to be interesting because you have a lot of contenders:

- Alabama - DeBoer is unproven in the SEC right, and they lost a lot and the margin of error in the SEC is slim so they very well could be there or they could fall off a bit.
- Tennessee - Heupel seems to have them headed in the right direct but per this year's recruiting rankings they were 7th in the SEC and that will make it difficult.
- LSU - I'm not convinced the success they have had the last 2 years wasn't mostly Daniels and they have plenty of people with them in their sites
- Oklahoma - Ranked 6th in recruiting for the SEC and 9th overall so they will have a shot but I think they struggle with SEC play at first as they just don't seem ready and I'm not convinced their coaching staff has enough SEC experience right now overall and that matters.
- Ole Miss - Kiffin is probably the best offensive mind in the SEC and is proving to be one of the best with the portal in the country plus he seems to be able to attract some of the top QB transfers and actually makes them better.
- Auburn - is ranked 5th in the SEC in recruiting (and honestly small margin from LSU and Texas) so if they can keep that up and the QBs they are bringing in and can use that #1 WR class they just signed they should be in the mix within 2 years.

I don't think Missouri can keep up its momentum and they will be hunted next year, Florida should be in there every year but have screwed up their program to the point it may be unfixable for a while.

I think there are a total of 8 contenders and I think you will have 2 to 3 that are consistently in that top 5 with a group rotating in and out. The real myth of the SEC is that it is top-heavy but since the BCS era you've had 6 teams Tenn, FL, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and LSU all win national championships. Nobody can touch that.

With divisions going away it will be interesting to see how it all plays out because there have been some really good West Teams that have gone through a gauntlet while the East was an easier path and that changes things.

He for sure is. Alot of this will be schedule related. Ole Miss has a soft schedule next year by SEC standards. I can see them being top 5 a couple times. But just worried about the inconsistency.

I'm not sure TN doesn't have a 7-5 floor too, though. They had the 2022 season that was great, but then slipped back to 8-4 this last year. I thought about them too but they can't seem to sustain anything, and how this whole NCAA thing with the QB could be really bad.

I don't think anything will come of this ncaa thing. I just like their upward trajectory. Them and Ole Miss will probably be about the same so I have no problem with someone having Ole Miss.

1. Georgia - I think they have about 5 more good years with Kirby before they drop off.
2. Texas - I think Sark is the guy they've been looking for and they have the money to compete with NIL. That being said they aren't playing Kansas anymore.

The other 3 are going to be interesting because you have a lot of contenders:

- Alabama - DeBoer is unproven in the SEC right, and they lost a lot and the margin of error in the SEC is slim so they very well could be there or they could fall off a bit.
- Tennessee - Heupel seems to have them headed in the right direct but per this year's recruiting rankings they were 7th in the SEC and that will make it difficult.
- LSU - I'm not convinced the success they have had the last 2 years wasn't mostly Daniels and they have plenty of people with them in their sites
- Oklahoma - Ranked 6th in recruiting for the SEC and 9th overall so they will have a shot but I think they struggle with SEC play at first as they just don't seem ready and I'm not convinced their coaching staff has enough SEC experience right now overall and that matters.
- Ole Miss - Kiffin is probably the best offensive mind in the SEC and is proving to be one of the best with the portal in the country plus he seems to be able to attract some of the top QB transfers and actually makes them better.
- Auburn - is ranked 5th in the SEC in recruiting (and honestly small margin from LSU and Texas) so if they can keep that up and the QBs they are bringing in and can use that #1 WR class they just signed they should be in the mix within 2 years.

I don't think Missouri can keep up its momentum and they will be hunted next year, Florida should be in there every year but have screwed up their program to the point it may be unfixable for a while.

I think there are a total of 8 contenders and I think you will have 2 to 3 that are consistently in that top 5 with a group rotating in and out. The real myth of the SEC is that it is top-heavy but since the BCS era you've had 6 teams Tenn, FL, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia and LSU all win national championships. Nobody can touch that.
I think Tennessee and LSU flounder this year. I agree with you on Daniels carrying LSU and I can't trust Brian Kelly, and Tennessee looks like a mess right now with everything going on.

Oklahoma could end up being great in the long run but they have to gain consistency. They beat Texas but followed that up by barely surviving UCF and losing to Kansas and Oklahoma State, and it's not going to get easier. Recruiting is good and coaching seems to be the right fit.

Agree on Ole Miss for sure, I think they're definitely in a great spot. Auburn, we'll see. the 2020s have been awful there and last year was a major low note.

Missouri is definitely on people's radar now, but I think they have a great coach and definitely have talent. 2024 will be a huge year for them, especially with the new CFP format.

On any given year, the SEC does tend to be top-heavy it seems. 6 teams have won a title since 1998, but Tennessee, Florida, and Auburn have been the model of mismanagement of talent and shit coaching for most of the last decade or so.