• Lefty Grove, Randy Johnson, Tom Seaver & Cal Ripken

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 235,553.00
Ted Williams, Jimmie Foxx, Shoeless Joe Jackson & Ralph Kiner

FOR

Lefty Grove, Randy Johnson, Tom Seaver & Cal Ripken

I guess you are talking about in this particular draft with the eligible teams we have and all. Tough to really gauge because you have 1 side with 3 pitchers and a fielder and the other side is all fielders, so it depends on what else each team has. Not to mention the whole oitching vs hitting preference in building a team. Taking all that away, though and I am still not sure which team "wins". I think it is pretty close in value and neither team got ripped off.

Pretty close. Depends on what want you are looking for really

How about today...
Tatis Jr, Vlad Jr, Trout and Judge for Kerahaw, DeGrom, Bieber and Harper

This trade is crazy one-sided, Kershaw and deGrom are 34 years old.
What difference does that make? You have always been offense over pitching and D. Back to the other site days lol

What difference does that make? You have always been offense over pitching and D. Back to the other site days lol

Not sure how that changes anything, I am taking the offensive players in this trade and even if I thought pitching wins Kershaw and deGrom have made a combined 12 starts this year, that makes it a no brainer slam dunk i'm taking offense, gonna have to offer better pitchers for me to even consider taking the pitchers.

Side note, not sure you should include D in your statement, Shane loves the D and defense matters.

One last thing, stop talking up offense in this draft, pitching wins now!! Bwahahahahaha

Not sure how that changes anything, I am taking the offensive players in this trade and even if I thought pitching wins Kershaw and deGrom have made a combined 12 starts this year, that makes it a no brainer slam dunk i'm taking offense, gonna have to offer better pitchers for me to even consider taking the pitchers.

Side note, not sure you should include D in your statement, Shane loves the D and defense matters.

One last thing, stop talking up offense in this draft, pitching wins now!! Bwahahahahaha
I figured you'd say that lol. I thought only Milky liked the D...

I figured you'd say that lol. I thought only Milky liked the D...

Ummm I thnk it's widely known Shane has put his proctologists children through college with all the visits to remove farm tools and small animals from his poop shoot!

Says the Trevor lover, you manwhore

I'm all about balance. In everything, I want the most opportunities to win if some aspect potentially fails. Relying heavily on just 1 aspect of your game isn't championship material. I want the most ways to potentially win a game if something is off.

I'm all about balance. In everything, I want the most opportunities to win if some aspect potentially fails. Relying heavily on just 1 aspect of your game isn't championship material. I want the most ways to potentially win a game if something is off.
Balance is great, but this isn't like a salary cap situation. If you loaded up your offense but had to use a bunch of AAA/Journeyman pitchers, it wouldn't work. If you loaded up but can still have Hall of Famers and Cy Young winners on your staff, it works. Same in reverse

Balance is great, but this isn't like a salary cap situation. If you loaded up your offense but had to use a bunch of AAA/Journeyman pitchers, it wouldn't work. If you loaded up but can still have Hall of Famers and Cy Young winners on your staff, it works. Same in reverse

I'm erasing your post, lolzzz!!! Quit talking about your team....

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Not that it would be the same bc seeing all-star games they could really go either way, low scoring or high scoring. I would say a balanced attack, looking at history, a team is more likely to win a WS. You need both but what statistically is more important. Maybe a question for @Centerfield17 the stat nerd, to look at down the line. Like I said, still wouldn’t tell us everything bc all these players were HOF’rs.
Would these great hitters be as valuable facing guys like Pedro and Randy, etc. the majority of their at bats and would those great pitchers still put up gaudy numbers vs a 1-9 lineup. Again, probably somewhere in between imo. Having more of the greatest of the great in your lineup or rotation is just better but filling out your team is probably the key

Not that it would be the same bc seeing all-star games they could really go either way, low scoring or high scoring. I would say a balanced attack, looking at history, a team is more likely to win a WS. You need both but what statistically is more important. Maybe a question for @Centerfield17 the stat nerd, to look at down the line. Like I said, still wouldn’t tell us everything bc all these players were HOF’rs.
Would these great hitters be as valuable facing guys like Pedro and Randy, etc. the majority of their at bats and would those great pitchers still put up gaudy numbers vs a 1-9 lineup. Again, probably somewhere in between imo. Having more of the greatest of the great in your lineup or rotation is just better but filling out your team is probably the key
I think there's a flip side to that coin though. Randy and Pedro didn't often go 9 innings on today's game facing the Texas Rangers and Tampa Rays half the time. How many innings are they going against that? They may get them the first time through...but that 2nd AB, the advantage would start to go to the Sticks. It's a great debate though

As I have said since the beginning of the drafts. Offense wins!! To Troy's point All the top pitchers Randy, Pedro, Rocket whoever put up good numbers have career era's in the high 2's low 3's but that's against everyone. Everyone includes Al Newman, Drew Butera, Denny Hocking all the shit players, these shit players represent at least 30 - 50% of the batters faced in their entire career. Imagine facing a stacked lineup every time you walk to the mound, the greatest pitchers of all time would have ERA's over 6.

However the same can be said the other way. If Lou Gehrig faced Lefty Grove, Walter Johnson, Nolan Ryan every at bat it's unlikely he has seasons like .340 40 120. But pitchers IMO would have a much harder time facing stacked lineups than hitters would facing all time rotations. It would be so difficult to get through the lineup a second or third time. It's 1 vs 9 or 9 vs 1... 9 wins

Remember.... Nos is always right!!

As I have said since the beginning of the drafts. Offense wins!! To Troy's point All the top pitchers Randy, Pedro, Rocket whoever put up good numbers have career era's in the high 2's low 3's but that's against everyone. Everyone includes Al Newman, Drew Butera, Denny Hocking all the shit players, these shit players represent at least 30 - 50% of the batters faced in their entire career. Imagine facing a stacked lineup every time you walk to the mound, the greatest pitchers of all time would have ERA's over 6.

However the same can be said the other way. If Lou Gehrig faced Lefty Grove, Walter Johnson, Nolan Ryan every at bat it's unlikely he has seasons like .340 40 120. But pitchers IMO would have a much harder time facing stacked lineups than hitters would facing all time rotations. It would be so difficult to get through the lineup a second or third time. It's 1 vs 9 or 9 vs 1... 9 wins

Remember.... Nos is always right!!
You said basically what I said, both sides would drop off. The greatest of the great would succeed but just not crazy numbers. Offense most likely wins. You need both and a great BP. I think BP would actually be MORE important, it's more important in today's game. The older timers would not be going 9 innings+, nothing close to that.

You definitely weren't right today but I leave that to another topic LOL