Why basketball is the sport of wussy bitches now

GCU player dunks in closing seconds, with a 10 pt lead over UT Arlington. So naturally, one player bodychecks him and another spikes the ball at him. Because, somewhere there's some unwritten rule that a lead can't be padded past a certain point, or new scores can't happen in a certain way.

I blame soccer. Back in the 80s and 90s, players weren't diving and embellishing fouls. This doesn't happen in contact sports like football, rugby and hockey, where players beat the hell out of each other for 60+ minutes, and then shake hands and leave at the end.

lol

That's an unwritten rule in pretty much all sports and has been for as long as I can remember.

Dribbling out the final seconds of a game that the other team has no chance of winning is the basketball version of the "victory formation" in football.

Sadly, this is the case with a lot of coaches.

My brother worked to become a certified USA hockey coach, but that was one of two primary reasons he stopped coaching. The other primary reason was that asshole parents create asshole kids. When you work your way up to coaching high school kids, it's a nonstop barrage of dealing with assholes.

I coached high school basketball for a few seasons and came up with a solution for that. Every year, before the 1st practice, I would have a meeting with the parents and would let them know that if their son wasn't playing and they wanted to know why...ask their son because I guarantee that I will have told him why and what he needs to do to improve. I'd tell them if they asked me, they probably wouldn't like the answer.

My first season, 1 parent asked me...lets just say...no parent ever asked me again. Probably couldn't get away with it today. lol

3) Coaching involves establishing maximum work ethic. Pulling your best players when you get a lead teaches kids "it's okay to stop trying hard when you get ahead".

Gotta disagree here...pulling your best players when you get a big lead gives the players that sit the bench an opportunity to get some game experience and a chance to earn more playing time.

It also keeps your best players from getting injured in a game that's already won.

Having said that, with you only having 7 players, not much you can do and those parents were idiots.