Poll Will Kirk Ferentz return as Iowa's head coach in 2021?

Will KF return in 2021?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
This year is all messed up. Racist drama Iowa is 0-2. COVID-19. Shortened season, No crowd. blah blah blah.

I haven't looked it up but I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the hot seat. I am starting to think that he will retire to remove the cloud over the program. And I see Brian Ferentz to either be fired by his dad or right after his dad retires.

This will be a tough year to justify firing a coach. Shortened season, no off season and most importantly, with everyone losing mass amounts of money being able to say you are willing to spend millions of dollars just to fire a coach and millions more to get a new coach.

he will step down after the season is over. Probably told to do so, but will do so.

This will be a tough year to justify firing a coach. Shortened season, no off season and most importantly, with everyone losing mass amounts of money being able to say you are willing to spend millions of dollars just to fire a coach and millions more to get a new coach.
This, word for word. Hard to justify to start with, then if you can justify it, you're going to pay that much to walk away from the guy? I just don't see it.

I just came here to vote for extended thru 2031

imagine my disappointment.

This year is all messed up. Racist drama Iowa is 0-2. COVID-19. Shortened season, No crowd. blah blah blah.

I haven't looked it up but I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the hot seat. I am starting to think that he will retire to remove the cloud over the program. And I see Brian Ferentz to either be fired by his dad or right after his dad retires.
BSU is 2-0, looks strong and like you will still look at this season as a blip on the map of fuckedupness. Racist drama and Covid have been a nightmare and in reality just about as anchored in true reality.

Definitely won't be fired. I could see retiring but I think he stays on for at least another season. He will try to go out on a better note

Smith Marsette is gone

Owi 74 in a 30 last night

Its snowballing on KF

Oh NOW they’re going to fire him?

History tells us probably not.

History also has gone by only on-field issues. Closest was the offseason before Iowa's 12-0 season and Iowa's season ticket sales were record lows.

I think U of Iowa would pay a settlement to the former players before they would fire KF.

I think U of Iowa would pay a settlement to the former players before they would fire KF.
For what? Alledged racism? Is there evidence of the racism or just personal, anecdotal accounts?

This is the problem, someone just accuses someone of 'racism' and somehow the onus is on the accused to prove that they aren't even though no one will listen to them because they were accused of being racist so they end up capitulating to their accusers. People are fucking pathetic.

For what? Alledged racism? Is there evidence of the racism or just personal, anecdotal accounts?

This is the problem, someone just accuses someone of 'racism' and somehow the onus is on the accused to prove that they aren't even though no one will listen to them because they were accused of being racist so they end up capitulating to their accusers. People are fucking pathetic.

I don't see him being fired. I do see him retiring after this though.

Yep. Supposed to "make hay while the sun is shining"...and right now there is only a little college athletic sunshine peeking through. Still mostly cloudy.

Saw where LSU reduced O's and Wade's salaries and are expecting an $80 million shortfall.

We're going thru a time of "appeasement" here in the sports world just like the outside... Evidently, facts aren't necessary for these kind of accusations anymore. Paranoia of the new "woke" are seeing to that. <SMH>

Is Iowa State now the top brand in Iowa? Crazy to think that Ferentz came in the same year as Bob Stoops.

Know who would prob be a smooth transition?

Bert