TV Series Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Pretty good finish to the first season of this show. They stuck mostly to reality, though couldn’t help putting some nonsense in there too for drama. It was nice to finally see an episode that was almost fully focused on court.
I watched enough documentaries to say that about 50% is true, 10% resembles the truth and 30% is flat out dramatization.

However it gives you a decent idea of what was happening behind the scenes and it is very entertaining.

This story is going to morph into more Magic vs Bird (whom I love how they portraying) next season. I would love to see more time inside the Celtics locker room because they were a lot tighter lipped than the Lakers at that time.

I really liked this series.

I watched enough documentaries to say that about 50% is true, 10% resembles the truth and 30% is flat out dramatization.
Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

However it gives you a decent idea of what was happening behind the scenes and it is very entertaining.

This story is going to morph into more Magic vs Bird (whom I love how they portraying) next season. I would love to see more time inside the Celtics locker room because they were a lot tighter lipped than the Lakers at that time.

I really liked this series.
It will surely go into Bird-Magic more, but I think it keeps the background stuff too. We can do without the Jeannie Buss storyline getting much more at this point. It’s about as accurate as Jessi Buss being alive in 1980 anyway.

I don’t get it. Dad actually bought Jeannie a tennis team back then, then she managed some other minor league team. Everything these days has to go back and show how certain demographics struggled back then. I get it. I’m fine with it.

But why make up one Buss woman being alive and the actual story of the other to put strong female characters in when you have the story of Claire Rothman fighting all her life to get up against the glass ceiling, and then break through it.

It’s about my only gripe overall. I love how most of the show was cast….I think they got a great actor to play Haywood’s character. I’m even willing to wave a hand at some in season game outcomes being completely changed.

But this part never made sense to me and I hope they do better with it next season.

VERY disappointed that last night's episode was the series finale. Wonder why they decided to stop where they did? Had something very popular going & a whole lot more story to tell.

VERY disappointed that last night's episode was the series finale. Wonder why they decided to stop where they did? Had something very popular going & a whole lot more story to tell.

Apparently it wasn't very popular so that why they cancelled it. Ratings were down 30% from the previous season but that was also self sabotage. HBO put out this season at literally the worst possible time and did zero promotion for it.

Show needs more titties. Titties without house bras.

Good thing you've got comfort food to mow down.