61 South Dakota
47 Baylor

64 Creighton
62 Iowa

44 Georgia
67 Iowa State

65 FGCU
89 Maryland

NC State went off on Kansas State to advance to the Women's Sweet 16.

Dara Mabrey of Notre Dame has 17 points after 1 quarter of play against Oklahoma.

The Irish beat Oklahoma's butt in Norman to advance to the Sweet 16, 108-64.

Ohio State sends LSU, Kim Mulkey, and her amazing technicolor dreamcoat home.

Monday Scoreboard

NCAA Women's Tournament 2nd Round

63 North Carolina
45 Arizona

57 Kansas State
89 NC State

47 UCF
52 UConn

79 Ohio State
64 LSU

55 Princeton
56 Indiana

49 Villanova
64 Michigan

67 Belmont
70 Tennessee

108 Notre Dame
64 Oklahoma

I'll place this here since it's happening during this time. Joni Taylor will no longer be head coach of Georgia so she can take her talents to College Station to take over as the new Texas A&M Women's Basketball head coach.

I'll place this here since it's happening during this time. Joni Taylor will no longer be head coach of Georgia so she can take her talents to College Station to take over as the new Texas A&M Women's Basketball head coach.
I don't recall hearing much from Women's hoops at Georgia. No way they have been as bad as the men but I haven't heard of them winning the conference or advancing in the tourney. Have they been good and I just haven't heard?

I don't recall hearing much from Women's hoops at Georgia. No way they have been as bad as the men but I haven't heard of them winning the conference or advancing in the tourney. Have they been good and I just haven't heard?

That's because the lack of coverage the women's game normally gets compared to the men's. Last year, Georgia made the SEC Tournament Championship. The Lady Bulldogs were Top 25 entering Tournament Season this year before losing to a stout Iowa State team. Kinda like football, Women's Basketball is ultra competitive in the Southeastern. The upside of the competition is that it's help solidify South Carolina as a major player nationally. The downside is that especially this year, the competition so is fierce that Georgia and some of the other teams were kinda running on E by the time they made the NCAA Tournament.

Historically, UGA has had a solid program since Coach Taylor's legendary predecessor, Andy Landers. Coach Landers took over in 1979 before the NCAA started sponsoring the sport and from the AAIW days to his retirement in 2015, they were constantly in contention, getting SEC Regular Season and Tournament titles and many trips to the Dance. Among those were 4 appearances in the Final 4.

Going back to my first sentence, their program being overshadowed is more of a product of media coverage, or lack thereof. For people who have paid attention to the women's game though, Andy Landers is kind of a big deal and after retiring from coaching, he joined ESPN and has been a great analyst.

Joni Taylor's record since taking over for Landers is 139-73. Not as much SEC success, but overall, no losing seasons.

The funny thing here as I try to wrap up this essay of a response (I can be a bit verbose at times) is that Coach Taylor is repeating history a bit with her arrival at Texas A&M. Once again, she's replacing a man who gained legendary status, this time Gary Blair, who starting with Year 3 of his time with the Aggies, put TAMU in the NCAA Tournament every year with the exception of 2020 when the tournament was cancelled. This includes a National Championship in 2011 where his team had to be beat out a pair of other legends in Tara VanDerveer of Stanford (currently the all-time winningest head coach with Geno Auriemma not far behind) and Muffett McGraw of Notre Dame.

Also, like Georgia, Texas A&M is starting to dip a tad with the coaches retiring before the bottom falls out and Joni Taylor brought in for damage control. Her deal at Georgia had her making 850k with over 900k by the final year of her contract so I'm guessing the Aggies made her one fuckload of an offer.

That's because the lack of coverage the women's game normally gets compared to the men's. Last year, Georgia made the SEC Tournament Championship. The Lady Bulldogs were Top 25 entering Tournament Season this year before losing to a stout Iowa State team. Kinda like football, Women's Basketball is ultra competitive in the Southeastern. The upside of the competition is that it's help solidify South Carolina as a major player nationally. The downside is that especially this year, the competition so is fierce that Georgia and some of the other teams were kinda running on E by the time they made the NCAA Tournament.

Historically, UGA has had a solid program since Coach Taylor's legendary predecessor, Andy Landers. Coach Landers took over in 1979 before the NCAA started sponsoring the sport and from the AAIW days to his retirement in 2015, they were constantly in contention, getting SEC Regular Season and Tournament titles and many trips to the Dance. Among those were 4 appearances in the Final 4.

Going back to my first sentence, their program being overshadowed is more of a product of media coverage, or lack thereof. For people who have paid attention to the women's game though, Andy Landers is kind of a big deal and after retiring from coaching, he joined ESPN and has been a great analyst.

Joni Taylor's record since taking over for Landers is 139-73. Not as much SEC success, but overall, no losing seasons.

The funny thing here as I try to wrap up this essay of a response (I can be a bit verbose at times) is that Coach Taylor is repeating history a bit with her arrival at Texas A&M. Once again, she's replacing a man who gained legendary status, this time Gary Blair, who starting with Year 3 of his time with the Aggies, put TAMU in the NCAA Tournament every year with the exception of 2020 when the tournament was cancelled. This includes a National Championship in 2011 where his team had to be beat out a pair of other legends in Tara VanDerveer of Stanford (currently the all-time winningest head coach with Geno Auriemma not far behind) and Muffett McGraw of Notre Dame.

Also, like Georgia, Texas A&M is starting to dip a tad with the coaches retiring before the bottom falls out and Joni Taylor brought in for damage control. Her deal at Georgia had her making 850k with over 900k by the final year of her contract so I'm guessing the Aggies made her one fuckload of an offer.
So, is the A&M a step up? For the "uninformed like myself, it seems like a lateral move. But, like I said, I don't follow it that much.

So, is the A&M a step up? For the "uninformed like myself, it seems like a lateral move. But, like I said, I don't follow it that much.

I think it's lateral, but if they're willing to pay her more money to do the same job then that's reason enough.

Thursday Scoreboard

WNIT 3rd Round

64 Houston
79 Alabama

51 Boston College
54 Columbia

71 Drexel
78 Seton Hall

53 Vanderbilt
55 MTSU

92 Toledo
82 Marquette

66 Drake
84 South Dakota State

82 UCLA
81 Wyoming
[3OT]

73 New Mexico
78 Oregon State

Texas holds off Ohio State to advance in Spokane. The Buckeyes had a brainfart at the end, sending the Lady Horns to the Elite 8.

South Carolina beats North Carolina in Greensboro to advance to the Elite 8. Deja Kelly of the Tar Heels had herself a game i the losing cause.

Creighton continues their magical run in the Women's Tournament, beating Iowa State.

Stanford beats Maryland to advance to the Women's Elite 8.

Friday Scoreboard

NCAA Women's Tournament Sweet 16

61 North Carolina
69 South Carolina

66 Maryland
72 Stanford

63 Ohio State
66 Texas

76 Creighton
68 Iowa State

NC State beats Notre Dame to advance to the Women's Elite 8.

UConn has little problem with an Indiana squad that constantly shoots itself in the foot to advance to the Women's Elite 8. The Huskies will play NC State in what's essentially a home game, despite being the lower seed on Monday.

Louisville eliminates Tennessee, giving the ACC 2 teams in the Women's Elite 8 along with the 3 on the men's side.