Series Thread World Series: Braves vs. Astros

A lot has to go right for a small market team like the Reds to win it all, like the Royals in 2015, and then when it comes time to pay the players, they can’t afford to keep them and it’s back to rebuilding.

Teams like the Rays and A’s always seem to be in contention despite very low payrolls, but not many low budget teams are as well ran as them.

Reds actually had a pretty good season and should still be good next year. Make it to October and get hot and anything can happen

Castellanos is an impending free agent. Replacing his 136 OPS+ is not going to be easy. And as great as Votto's been, I'm not sure you can reasonably expect a 38-year-old Votto to have a repeat performance next year. At least they play in a pretty mediocre division and the Pirates/Cubs look to be pretty bad for a while. I thought they had a really good pitching staff that was let down by some pretty lousy defense

Castellanos is an impending free agent. Replacing his 136 OPS+ is not going to be easy. And as great as Votto's been, I'm not sure you can reasonably expect a 38-year-old Votto to have a repeat performance next year. At least they play in a pretty mediocre division and the Pirates/Cubs look to be pretty bad for a while. I thought they had a really good pitching staff that was let down by some pretty lousy defense
I just saw Castellanos opted out. That’s gonna be tough to replace for sure.

I was pulling for them to make the WCG this year until I made my bet on the Cardinals(that I am now obviously glad I lost).

I just saw Castellanos opted out. That’s gonna be tough to replace for sure.

I was pulling for them to make the WCG this year until I made my bet on the Cardinals(that I am now obviously glad I lost).

I would have loved to see them make a playoff run this year. I went to GABP for the first time this summer and really enjoyed it.

Last year? The 60 game season, pandemic, no fans in the seats last year?
Feels great to see the Braves bringing the country back together and restoring its true pasttime.

They defeated & darn near humiliated an evil organization to win the whole shebang!
Angry Fox Tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen

@Illustrious Potentate

What you don't know is I grew up an Atlanta Braves fan... Chief knock a homer, Bob Horner, Chris Chambliss, Dale Murphy, Rafael Ramirez, Glen Hubbard, Bruce Benedict, Prime Time, Otis Nixon, all 5 of the Big five pitches back in the day, Rafael Furcal (the only SS I've seen with an arm close to Carlos Correa), Andrew Jones, Pascual Perez (Mr. I-285) <-- You probably don't know that story... LOL .... Google it, its hilarious

I could go on and on.. I was there for the very first one they got...

If it can't be the Astros.... I'm glad it was the Braves..

Completely forgot I made a small bet on the Braves to win the WS back in August the same time I made the Cardinals bet

F046AD11-21A6-496C-9BB5-4032D799655E.jpeg

@Illustrious Potentate

What you don't know is I grew up an Atlanta Braves fan... Chief knock a homer, Bob Horner, Chris Chambliss, Dale Murphy, Rafael Ramirez, Glen Hubbard, Bruce Benedict, Prime Time, Otis Nixon, all 5 of the Big five pitches back in the day, Rafael Furcal (the only SS I've seen with an arm close to Carlos Correa), Andrew Jones, Pascual Perez (Mr. I-285) <-- You probably don't know that story... LOL .... Google it, its hilarious

I could go on and on.. I was there for the very first one they got...

If it can't be the Astros.... I'm glad it was the Braves..
TBS made fans of a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't have been Braves fans.

While I was never a big fan of them, for quite a while, I had more opportunities to watch Braves baseball than Astros baseball.