Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Chris Sale

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Stephen Strasburg

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • $18 vegan potato salad at Dodger Stadium

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
They paid $700M for a DH. The odds are slim he is ever the same pitcher after a 2nd TJ.
If Ohtani never pitches again, he will revert to an outfielder. I have heard that he was a phenomenal outfielder in Japan. If Ohtani is going to pitch it is wise to keep him as DH.

I think you gotta go with Howard. He was hurt the very next day after signing it, iirc. Can’t get much worse than that.

If Ohtani never pitches again, he will revert to an outfielder. I have heard that he was a phenomenal outfielder in Japan. If Ohtani is going to pitch it is wise to keep him as DH.
Even then…$700M for an Outfielder is like $300M too much and that’s if he is the best Hitter in the game.

Even then…$700M for an Outfielder is like $300M too much and that’s if he is the best Hitter in the game.
That is only taking into effect his baseball value. He is so much more than just a standard, run of the mill baseball player. He truly is a unicorn.

How ANYONE can possibly vote for that Bonilla contract is totally beyond me. Bad contract, sure, but hardly even top 100 worst. It keeps getting trotted out every year by a bunch of people who simply don’t understand finances.

Chris Davis didn't make the cut?

I think Ohtani’s performance is gonna go down hard in his 30’s and I doubt he ever pitches effectively again.

But he brings in so many Japanese sponsors and eyes that the contract will pay for itself even if his performance declines.

Strasburg is the worst. Big money for a guy that has barely pitched since signing and has been terrible when on the mound

Andruw Jones shouldn’t even be on the list. Was just a two year deal, and not for huge money.

I’d put BJ Upton, Dan Uggla and Derek Lowe with the Braves well above that one. Uggla and Lowe were released and paid to play elsewhere and Upton would have too, but they paired him with Craig Kimbrel and weakened the haul they could have got by trading Kimbrel alone

Gotta be the contract that more than the next two highest MLB salaries COMBINED.

I'd say the Texas contract to ARod and the contract for Prince Fielder Texas traded for were up there too. Hamilton with LAA is just hilarious because Moreno is such a moron-o.

The last 5 years of that Ohtani contract are going to be rough. No doubt someone will bail the dodgers out in return for some prospects at that time.

I also want to see how much money is deferred .

Gotta be the contract that more than the next two highest MLB salaries COMBINED.

I'd say the Texas contract to ARod and the contract for Prince Fielder Texas traded for were up there too. Hamilton with LAA is just hilarious because Moreno is such a moron-o.
I dont pay attention to baseball anymore, but my 1st thought was when the Rangers paid A-Rod more than the team was worth to get them nowhere.

I dont pay attention to baseball anymore, but my 1st thought was when the Rangers paid A-Rod more than the team was worth to get them nowhere.
A-Rod performed for the Rangers and they got the Yankees to take on the entire contract. The extension A-Rod signed with the Yankees is far worse than the one he signed with the Rangers

Prince Fielder was insured so it didn’t cost Texas anything, but Detroit was on the hook for $5,000,000 a year.

The last 5 years of that Ohtani contract are going to be rough. No doubt someone will bail the dodgers out in return for some prospects at that time.

I also want to see how much money is deferred .
Reports are that it is heavily deferred so the doggies can continue to pursue FAs this season. Details of the deferments are unknown at this time, however.