Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Please let me know if I missed a candidate, but 2 come to mind

A.J. Burnett:

129 pitches, only 65 were strikes, 9 walks to 7 strikeouts

Edwin Jackson:

149 pitches, 8 walks and one hit batter to 6 strikeouts

Jackson gets my vote. Nearly 150 pitches, and allowed the same amount of base runners as Burnett with one less strikeout

Johan Santana has to be up there considering the ramifications afterwards. Also had like 5 walks in his. But his career was basically ruined after it

Johan Santana has to be up there considering the ramifications afterwards. Also had like 5 walks in his. But his career was basically ruined after it
Also, it wasn’t really a no hitter. Line drive down the line kicks up chalk when it lands, but called foul. WTF? Definitely wouldn’t be a no hitter in the replay era

Also, I don’t buy that the 134 pitch no hitter ended his career. He was riddled with injuries pretty much his entire Mets career. He was nearing the end with or without that game

Also, I don’t buy that the 134 pitch no hitter ended his career. He was riddled with injuries pretty much his entire Mets career. He was nearing the end with or without that game
The previous seasons he was dealing with some injuries. But he had a sub 2.5 era at that point late in the season. The final 10 games of the season he had a near 9 era. And never pitched after that except for a few weeks with Toronto.

The previous seasons he was dealing with some injuries. But he had a sub 2.5 era at that point late in the season. The final 10 games of the season he had a near 9 era. And never pitched after that except for a few weeks with Toronto.
He missed the entire season before that. For all we know he strained his pussy after 70 pitches and didn’t tell anyone. When a player has a history of being a brittle bitch, I can’t point to one game that ended their career

even that's kind of misleading. In the 5 starts after the no-hitter from June 8-30, he had a 3.60 ERA. He did walk 12 in just 25 IP, but he also walked 5 batters in the no-hitter. Not great, but I don't think there too much to be concerned about (the walks maybe, but his walk rate dropped over his last 5 starts). He did give up 33 runs in his final 19 innings, which will destroy an ERA (it went from 2.76 at the end of June to 4.85 at the end of his season).

I don’t remember the year but the Mariners had 5 or 6 pitchers throw a no hitter and it was joke. Shit don’t count.

Didn’t someone give up like 3 runs in a no hitter in like 2001ish??

other

matt young?

watched it live

8 IP
0H
2ER
7BB
6 K's

lost

worst of all time
21st century man.

Also, it has to be at least 9 innings to qualify as an official no-no

also too defend rock.. some of these no hitters seem like yesterday..

shit how long has it been since kent mercker and the 4 braves pitchers?